Competitive Salary plus bonus, healthcare and pension
The Financial Controller is responsible for supporting the business activities within Thales Cyber and Consultancy. You will be responsible for the provision and integrity of timely financial management information as well as managing Sales, EBIT and operating cash flow.
Thales protects 80% of the world’s banking transactions as well as safeguarding the biggest names in technology. We are a leader in cyber security, both in the UK and globally. And to keep our customers’ information and communications safe and secure in this constantly shifting, immensely challenging sector, we need to excel, evolve and invent. That’s why we are looking for the brightest, most daring minds in our industry.
Your key responsibilities
- Involvement in bid process, ensuring financial integrity and adherence to process (Chorus 2.0).
- Responsibility for underwriting the Monthly financial figures
- Fully support and promote the IBP process.
- Production of both budgets and forecast in line with corporate timetables. Ensure that these are accurate and achievable
- Attend management meetings and where required present financial data and provide financial guidance/assistance.
- Assist in the development of IT tools and reporting techniques
- Report and manage on the Financial Risks and Opportunities
- Production and maintenance of Financial Forecasts (including scheduling and running monthly Programme Forecast reviews)
- Ensure that “project” reviews are undertaken on a regular scheduled basis. Take an active role in these reviews ensuring that the financial position on reviewed programmes are understood and risks and opportunities duly highlighted
- Ensure that financial detail is prepared and provided in line with published Accounting Standards, the Thales Accounting and Controlling Manual, ICQ and Chorus 2.0 reference system
- Maintain an ethical approach to business, in line with the Thales ethics policy
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors for all financial aspects
Your skills and experience
- Ideally experience of a Senior Finance role within a consultancy environment.
- Strong understanding of commercial and financial aspects of the business.
- Ability to assimilate and analyse financial and commercial information.
- Experience in providing financial analysis in a fast moving technical environment.
- Ability to communicate and explain the implications of business issues.
- Change agent, able to identify and implement change within the finance environment, and to support the change process in the Company as a whole, to improve effectiveness
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Good working understanding of ERP systems (ideally Oracle).
- Ideally educated to degree level (preferably in a finance, or related discipline).
- A professional accounting qualification - Ideally CIMA or ACCA.