Thales people design solutions that enable two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. In the UK, our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales Air Training Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Manager to join our highly successful avionics sales team. The future of our business relies on winning new orders and in this role you will be working in an increasingly competitive market to deliver profitable future business.
The position of Sales Manager – Air Training Solutions, plays a critical role in the creation, identification, development and closure of profitable new business for the Air Training Sector business.
- To take the lead in the creation, identification and development of new business opportunities.
- Take ownership of the conversion of new business opportunities into profitable orders that will ensure achievement, or the sector budgeted order intake and to achieve sustainable growth.
- Manage the key customer and related stakeholder relationships.
- Take the lead and ensure timely planning of key reviews for the portfolio.
- Actively work with the Strategy and Marketing team, the Sector Management team and existing/potential Customers to develop solutions which meet customer’s key user requirements and budget aspirations, but which represent sound business prospects for the Sector.
- Take ownership of his/her Order intake portfolio and to update the portfolio at least once a month.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of the Strategic Business Plan, the Multi Year Budget and the formulation of associated product strategy for the Sector.
- Work closely with the Communications team to maximise the Political and PR Communications messages for the Sector and enhance awareness and promotion in conjunction with Thales Corporate, Global exhibitions, conferences and Industrial bodies.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Delivery focussed.
- Quick and assertive yet tactful.
- Able to motivate other team members.
- Excellent time management. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Resilience and determination.
- Self starter – using own initiative.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Business savvy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Specific and relevant market knowledge of air forces training needs with an understanding of the primary drivers, stakeholders and competitors.
- A Business Development & Sales professional who has experience in the generation of new business opportunities within the air forces market.
- An effective team player who can interface at all levels within the organisation and who can operate successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.