Senior Vehicle Engineer (m/f) |
REQUISITION NUMBER: TWMA-UKDY00813385
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Vehicle Engineer for our site in Derby, United Kingdom
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To undertake delegated responsibilities from the Chief Engineer or Lead Senior Vehicle Engineer to technically define, develop and lead the design areas of a rolling stock project. Work to establish that a complete and correct set of technical requirements are captured for the project, develop the required train architectures, concepts and design solutions and ensure these are valid and correctly integrated as to meet the technical requirements in the form of a class leading, competitive and compliant rolling stock design.
- Responsible for undertaking tasks delegated by the Lead Senior Vehicle Engineer or Chief Engineer in support of developing the whole train design, direct and guide project design team members, for the delegated area of responsibility (indirect reports), to ensure valid key technical design decisions are made in a structured and timely manner and that associated technical risks, for your area of responsible area are identified and mitigated. Key to this role will be the maximization and justification of the re-use of proven design solutions, for area of responsibility , that are in-line with the platform and product family strategies set out by the Product Engine and Platform Organization
- Responsible for undertaking tasks delegated by the Lead Senior Vehicle Engineer or Chief Engineer to ensuring the technical design is fully integrated and the design verified through the design lifecycle against a complete and correct set of technical requirements, using best practice system engineering processes and tools (e.g. Design Reviews, Trade Analyses, Interface Management, Requirements Management)
- To represent the Lead Senior Vehicle Engineer or Chief Engineer as the technical interface, as and when delegated, to the project's; Customer(s), Stakeholders, Engineering Functional Heads, Product Engine Team, Platform Organization Team and Divisional Leadership team, preparing and reporting technically on the project's progress, issues and risks.
- Responsible for undertaking tasks delegated by the Lead Senior Vehicle Engineer or Chief Engineer in reviewing of customer technical specifications and legislation in order to establishing the train level requirements and the subsequently development of the principle design architectures and concepts to meet these requirements. Ensuring key decisions regarding architecture, concepts and system technologies solutions are made in a timely manner to ensure bid and project timescales can be achieved.
- Planning and estimating timescales and costs associated with delivery of the scope of work associated with the role. And directly managing the scope of work during bids and projects.
- Master Degree and/or Chartered status essential, PhD degree desirable, with typically minimum 5-8 years' experience.
- Technical domain experience essential, System Integration experience desirable, System Architectural understanding desirable.
- Evidence of having successfully undertaken a significant technically role, leading small team(s) in the development of a new train design, or an area of train design, from concept developed through to delivery
- Experience or sound understanding of defining, structuring and developing a rolling stock concept and design.
- Experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- Provide cost and schedule estimates on complicated engineering programs.
- Provide technical expertise in vehicle level concept development
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel.
- Experience of developing and applying a range of system engineering process and tools e.g. DOORS requirements management database
- Experience of working across many different disciplines, with indirect reports to delivery complaint cost effective solutions technical solutions to schedule and budget.
- Working on rolling stock bids desirable
- Experience of converting the customer's explicit and implicit technical and functional requirements into technical/ functional specifications to be used by design teams
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Posting date: 14.10.2016
Closing date: 13.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37