|Job Ref:||140081BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Huntsville||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:03|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Purpose and Scope:
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/ mechanical equipment and systems and generally as a lead of a design, analysis or review team on the most complex engineering assignments.
1) Performs a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks independently.
2) Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews.
3) Generate complete design specifications for the most complex projects.
4) May train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, design, development, testing and analysis of engineering assignments.
5) Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
6) Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
7) Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
8) Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
9) Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
10) Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
11) Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
12) Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
13) May organize and supervise a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule, technical and employee performance.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or related scientific field and at least 10 years of job-related experience. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Position may require travel. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Satisfactory completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam.
Professional Engineer Registration.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.