What is the purpose of this role?
Work in a team to ensure the safe and efficient running of the MBT Plant at Waterbeach according to pre-set targets.
- Report any reason for not being able to operate mobile plant, MEWPâ€™s or MBT plant safely (because of health issues etc) to their manager as soon as possible
- Carry out routine maintenance of MBT plant and vehicles as instructed (e.g. oil and water checks)
- Clean the MBT Plant and vehicle at regular intervals, in accordance with the MBT maintenance sheets and management instructions
- Carry out daily checks in accordance with the MBT maintenance schedule, reporting any defects to the MBT Management team
- Report to the line manager any problems/customer complaints or accidents as soon as possible and at the latest within the same shift
- Give feedback on duties undertaken to see if there is a better way to carry out the works as this is a new plant, and in order to contribute to continual improvement of management systems
- Ensuring they have the qualifications, training, experience and relevant licences/certification to drive any Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPâ€™s), mobile plant and vehicles
- Driving and operating a range of site vehicles in a safe and responsible manner at all times showing due consideration for other site users
- Checking that the MBT plant and any mobile plant they operate is safe and legal, and reporting any faults or problems immediately to avoid accidents or breaches of the law.
- Presenting a professional image to our customers (for those in direct contact with customers)
What are we looking for?
- Vocational plant operating certificate
- Basic mechanical/electrical maintenance skill
- Operated MEWPS t horough d iligent
- Understand and diagnose common plant failure issues
- Attention to detail
- Able to understand operation of sophisticated equipment, read and understand operating manual