|Job Ref:||RAND -CVQS||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£ 32,000 - £ 40,000 per year, CA + Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 00:35|
How would you like to work for one of the largest main contractors in the UK? We are currently working with a leading housebuilding and construction group. This company with years of experience and revenue of over £1 billion is looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their ever growing civils team.|
Successfully holding this job will give responsibility for the controlling of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintain the required standard of quality and safety on a range of commercial and financial contractual elements. This role will report into the Managing Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills along with a pro-active approach to achieving pre-determined deadlines for monthly reporting on all of the commercial aspects associated with the project. The role will include regular weekly reviews of cost and value with monthly financial analysis and forecast meetings with the Management team. Whilst the positions will be site based or from a suitable Galliford Regional Office, the sites will extend across the North of England and may involve travel away from home on a regular basis.
* Measure material/ quantities required for site by analysing drawings.
* Liaise with subcontractors for quotations.
* Compare prices from different elements of the work.
* Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality.
* Monitor and review quotations and costs, where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and quality.
* Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues.
* Prepare subcontractors for quotations.
* Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Experience of working on NEC Contracts delivering road schemes is essential, in particular Option D and be able to measure work in accordance with the Method of Measurement for Roads and Bridges
* Proven track record in a similar role within construction / civils engineering
* Be a member of, or working towards, becoming a member of a Professional body, RICS or ICES
* Degree level qualified, preferably BSc / HND (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
* Prepared to work within various graphical areas
For more information feel free to get in touch with Jacob in our Newcastle office if you wish to find out more.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor Newcastle NE1 Civil