|Job Ref:||9359||Employer:||Canadian Natural Resources Limited||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Fort McMurray||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:00|
Reporting to the Manager, Mine Geotechnical and Geology, the Lead Engineer, Geotechnical Mine Operations Support will be responsible for management of Canadian Natural's Dam Safety Management Framework as well as working with the Geotechnical Engineering, Construction and instrumentation monitoring supervisors, Mine Planning and Mine Operations teams to provide engineering support and ensure all of the earth structures are built in accordance to the design specifications.
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Becoming thoroughly familiar with the design and the Quality Management Plan (QMP), and the Inspection and Testing Manuals (ITM) for all earth structures
• Review construction drawings and specifications and provide review comments and engineering support to the geotechnical design team
• Manage and supervise the overall construction QA/QC and instrumentation monitoring activities and provide engineering support to Short Range and Mid-Range Mine Planning and Mine Operations.
• Manage Canadian Natural's Dam Safety Management Framework for the Horizon Mine including but not limited to:
o Keep an updated Qaulity Management Plan (QMP) and Inspection and Testing Manuals (ITM) for construction of all earth structures
o Maintenance of the Operations Maintenance and Surveillance documentation (OMS Manual) and Emergency response and preparedness plans (ERP and EPPs) for all earth structures
o Manage, track and resolve Field Trouble Reports (FTR), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), and other construction related geotechnical issues
o Audit the construction QA/QC, QMP, ITP and instrumentation monitoring activities
o Carryout monthly, quarterly and or annual inspection of earth dams and document through inspection reports
o Carryout monthly construction and instrumentation performance reviews and generate annual performance reports
• Ensure as-built surfaces are captured. Generate as-built drawings and summarize in as-built reports for all earth structures.
• B.S. Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA is required
• Typically minimum of 10 years' of Experience in Geotechnical Engineering design, analyses, report writing, project management, field investigations, earthworks construction and monitoring, supervision of earth construction activities
• Expertise in:
o Previous mining and project management experience, preferable in the oil sand industry
o Experience with the Geology and Geotechnical conditions of the Oil sands region is preferable
o Experience with Geotechnical software such as GeoStudio, others
o Attention to details
o Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
o Ability to work on non-routine technical assignments with limited supervision
o Excellent oral and written communication with professionals of all levels and backgrounds
o Big picture thinker, able to consider and focus the scope of the project at all times
To see related Engineering roles at CNRL, visit: NA .
Our Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.