Requisition ID: |
- This senior position will report directly to the Engineering Manager Rail and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies and FEED for projects around the world.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment or works.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- Rail Systems is defined as all railway infrastructure fixed equipment, including track, overhead line, signaling, telecommunications, control center and on-board/mobile signaling and telecommunications equipment.
- Oversight and integrating the various engineering and systems engineering disciplines (HVAC, MEP, Rail Systems, Traction Power, Medium & Low Power, Rolling Stock and RAMS).
- Ensures that Technical Risk Assessments (e.g. HAZIDs, HAZOPs, IDCs/IDRs, QRAs) are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented and engineering design and corresponding documentation are in compliance with the associated projects Quality Assurance plan and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129.
- Understands the application of Engineering Department Procedures, relevant Bechtel design guides. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D), CAE to perform the work.
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline and 15+ years of experience or 15+ years of related experience.
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.