Requisition ID: |
- This senior position will report directly to the Engineering Manager Rail and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies and FEED for projects around the world.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects which may include constructability requirements and technical reviews.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for a global business unit usually in one discipline in a project or staff group.
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment or works.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups.
- Overseeing the design activities for the various projects.
- Maintain the overall technical quality of work, including compliance with the various projects design criteria and standards, project procedures, relevant corporate standards, and local codes and regulations.
- Provides oversight for traction power engineering work and interfaces with other organizations, disciplines, vendors, consultants, and clients, as well as outside permitting agencies.
- Visit clients, project offices, subcontractors and consultant offices as needed to support the Infrastructure business unit needs.
- The position is responsible for providing oversight on the following:
- Auto Transformer distribution systems.
- Medium Voltage AC distribution systems.
- Low voltage AC/DC distribution systems.
- Overhead line equipment and 3rd rail systems.
- Interfaces with the bulk supply points/substations.
- Inputs into the traction power plans and details showing general layout of equipment for substations and tie breaker stations.
- Work could include coordination with local power companies to obtain information regarding their substation design interfaces, incoming power.
- Stray current and cathodic protection.
- Structure and utility bonding
- Experience of working to RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) requirements.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline and 15+ years of experience or 15+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D), CAE to perform the work.
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Rail experience which includes both design and construction
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.