Requisition ID: |
- This senior position will report directly to the Engineering Manager Rail and will work within a team of rail related disciplines to support the Infrastructure business unit, business development and the execution of studies and FEED for projects around the world.
- Plans and conducts independent work within the Infrastructure business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Assists in the development and implementation of technical assurance strategies and procedures that clearly define responsibilities for delivering Technical Assurance across the Infrastructure business unit; including Civil, Station, Rail Systems, Depots and Rolling Stock activities.
- Plans and coordinates independent work requiring judgment and experience in the application and substantial adaptation of engineering techniques.
- Plans, coordinates and delivers engineering training through instructor led and virtual training sessions for the function.
- Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects which may include constructability requirements and technical reviews.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the rail industry.
- A systems assurance background.
- Assurance management of all rail and associated systems according to applicable standards, in close cooperation with the (potential) end users, in terms of safety, operational, environmental and technical requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advise designers of assurance options and safety considerations affecting their design solutions.
- Prepare RAMS calculations to support the various designs and proposals to customers.
- Plan and manage the safety culture appropriate to the project including the facilitation of HAZID & HAZOP workshops and other assurance activities.
- Liaise with any Independent Safety Assessors engaged directly by the project or on behalf of the client.
- Plan, program and manage the resources applied within the scope of this activity such that agreed project objectives of assurance in quality, timeliness and safety will be achieved.
- Support the development of expertise in our rail capabilities.
- Maintain and support ongoing business relationships with key clients and customers.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline and 15+ years of experience or 15+ years of related experience.
- Substantial experience in the railway sector, with proven expertise in the development and delivery of assurance cases for railway signaling systems.
- Thorough knowledge of IEC 61508, CENELEC standards EN50126, EN50128 & EN50129, Yellow Book and Common Safety Method.
- Understanding of the various international differences in safety cultures.
- Understanding of risk assessment planning for large railway signaling projects and knowledge of operational conditions affecting logistics and design.
- Working knowledge of implementing engineering safety management in the railway environment.
- Knowledge of systems engineering, whole project life cycle and its implementation on large railway infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of the Railway Industry and in particular experience in developing and implementing progressive assurance processes.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.