|Job Ref:||BLA001K||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Blackfalds||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 04:02|
Our employees enjoy exciting careers in fabrication, modularization, field installation, and professional support services for some of the world's most challenging heavy-oil facilities, gas plants, power-stations and other industrial projects. As part of the global WorleyParsons team, we enjoy shared resources and opportunities with more than 20 Canadian locations and 40 countries.|
WorleyparsonsCord Teamco Ltd., a subsidiary of WorleyParsonsCord Ltd., is seeking Apprentice Welders to join our team at our Blackfalds Module Yard in Blackfalds, AB.
Send Resume and tickets directly to NA if you do not want to create a profile or apply online.
• Assist in securing components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques
• Assist in the selection appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process
• Assist in securing of parts in position for welding
• Assist in the preparation of material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder
• Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding
• Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment
• Must have an apprentice welder ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
• Must possess valid CSTS version 9 certificate
• Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
• Local candidate preferred as this position does not offer LOA
• Shift: Monday to Friday
• Hours per day: 10
• Work will primarily be conducted outdoors in varying weather conditions
• Benefits provided through MERIT
WorleyParsons strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their perspective roles with the company.