|Job Ref:||38418||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Mexico||City:||Mexicali||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
The Non Product Business Commodity manager position is responsible for leading the commodities including but not limited to Engineering & Factory Services, Gas & Chemicals, Contingent / Temp Labor, Plant Consumables, Energy, IT & Telecom, EH&S, Travel, etc. Critical responsibilities include driving execution of general procurement strategies to secure world class level services which support the business in a cost effective and timely manner. Additionally, this supervisor is responsible for coordination of UTAS SBU's in the Non Product arena including project identification, coordination, execution and deployment. Primary focus areas of this leadership position include driving organizational effectiveness, ensuring that Mexicali site is actively engaged and/or aware of the non-product strategic efforts, developing proper metrics for our penetration matrix for business services commodities. Our penetration matrix has site by site execution plans by commodity to drive spend to preferred suppliers, enabling savings and leverage. |
This role includes driving Mexicali site awareness, accountability, compliance, and coordination and (for specific engagements) leadership for non-product projects and deals globally. Additionally, this individual is responsible for deployment and awareness of UTC Corporate and UTAS leveraged contracts and spend associated with business services. As required, this individual will be responsible for developing and presenting to senior leadership in Mexicali various progress reviews. Finally, this individual is responsible for working with UTC and UTAS teams to develop a pipeline and five year strategy for non-product.
The UTAS non-product organization is responsible for managing significant annual spend - supporting non-production procurements. Commodities include but are not limited to the following: Engineering & Factory Services, Gas & Chemicals, Contingent / Temp Labor, Plant Consumables, Energy, IT & Telecom, EH&S, Travel, etc. Also, this leader may be leading specific key initiatives as appropriate with UTC Supply Management, key suppliers and internal customers to refine our systems, procedures, policies, and standard work associated with Non Product procurement.
• 10 to 12 years Project Management experience on complex initiatives and/or
• Supply Chain Management experience and/or General Procurement experience
• 5+ years Supervisory experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Significant experience in presenting and interface with Senior Leadership
• Experience in developing and execution of strategic initiatives across multiple global locations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Applications (MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point &/or MS Access)
• ACE Associate level or high acumen in Continuous Improvement
• Ability to drive Suppliers to Supplier Gold
• MRP/ERP system proficiencies (SAP as a plus)