WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
Within the transportation engineering field, WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leading national and international planning and design firm. We help clients throughout the United States with some of their largest and most exciting highway, bridge, rail, and transit projects. We also think locally and take pride and interest in serving our home communities. We provide our local clients with the same technical expertise, innovative approach, and dedication to quality to help them solve the everyday challenges facing our transportation system. If you enjoy the challenge of working with the best, are innovative, and strive for technical excellence, consider a career with WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff.
Our firm is currently searching for a Senior Supervising Transportation Engineer for our office in Albuquerque, New Mexico - an office with a stellar reputation for providing quality service and innovative design. This position will be responsible for leading our transportation design/civil engineering group in New Mexico.
The primary duties of this position include:
• Managing staff in the transportation design/civil engineering group in the Albuquerque office. This group includes other professional engineers, engineering interns, designers, CAD staff, and other technical staff.
• Managing major projects and providing technical leadership in the planning and design of a wide-range of transportation projects involving rural and urban streets and highways. In-depth expertise in highway and street analysis, planning, and design is required.
• Working with the New Mexico Area Manager, other technical discipline leads, and marketing staff in the identification of new pursuits and writing the technical aspects of proposals;
• Working with the New Mexico Department of Transportation and various regional, county, and municipal transportation agencies within New Mexico to build and maintain positive working relationships.
• Will involve travel within New Mexico and occasional travel to nearby states.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field. An advanced degree is desirable.
• Registration as a professional engineer in New Mexico, or the ability to obtain registration in New Mexico within six months if currently registered in another state.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in highway and street analysis, planning, geometric design, and production of final design plans. A working knowledge of traffic operations and traffic design, drainage analysis and design, and structures is a plus. Experience in transit planning and design is a plus.
• Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required. Experience with Microstation and InRoads is a plus.
• Experience working with other technical disciplines including traffic, drainage, geotechnical, structural, utilities, right-of-way, and environmental.
• Progressive experience supervising and managing technical staff.
• The ability to prepare high quality technical reports and to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with clients and the public.
• Progressive experience in business development and proposal preparation.
• Experience working with government agencies and building client relationships with these entities.
• Ability to immediately work in the United States is required
• Experience in Design-Build projects is a plus.
• Active participation in relevant engineering societies and professional associations is a plus.