Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM are seeking a Resident Engineer to provide consultancy services for construction supervision of Bridges/Tunnels in city of Riyadh, KSA. Reporting to Project Manager, the Resident Engineer will ensure that the site activities are implemented in accordance with the Construction Documents and specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform the duties of the Resident Engineer on site.
- Establishes an appropriate working relationship with the contractors
- Uses effective project management and controls systems to regularly report on progress to the client.
- Attending meetings with the Client, Contractor and other Consultants
- Supervising the Contractor's work to achieve construction in accordance with the contract documents
- Reviewing Contractor's technical submissions and Ensuring all materials and equipment meet the required specifications
- Providing all necessary on-site directions and instructions
- Ability to coordinate and monitor all disciplines of work related to the project, this includes both management of the supervision team as well as the contractors, subcontractors and other specialists.
- Skilled in the management and control of contractors and sub-contractors in conformance with contract documents, drawings and specifications this includes a working knowledge with local and international specifications that may relate to the project.
- Establishes and enforces effective project quality control procedures and ensures that they are audited in accordance with the contract requirements and the AECOM internal systems.
- Manage software and systems required under the contract for the administration of the project construction supervision.
- Performs staff evaluations of the project team and acts as the senior manager for all matters related to direct reports evaluations.
- Administer the signed agreements during the life cycle of the project and seek the necessary advice when required.
- Monitor all works for conformance with the provisions of the Contract Documents, Procedure manual and local authority (service provider if any) specifications/regulations.
- Monitoring and assuming responsibility for the safety of AECOM's Staff and Contractors.
- Ensuring senior staff/client is kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and that the objectives of the client are achieved.
- Liaise with local authorities and ministerial agencies having jurisdiction over the project.
- Responding to contractors technical evaluations/queries, review and comment variation requests and invoices submitted.
- Review, approve, and process all technical submittals.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of all activities and operations.
- Receive/Action Request for Information (RFI). RFI's requiring design feedback will be directed to the Designer for response. Review the responses for adequacy.
- Review contractors' claims. Prepare with the Planner and QS recommendations for claims approval or rejection.
- Assist in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules.
- Witness/monitor testing and commissioning process of all projects related electrical works and approve the contractors' as-built drawings.
- Prepare/review the daily/weekly/monthly progress and HSE reports to be raised to the client. Conduct the final inspection of the work. Review the adequacy and accuracy of prepared snag list.
- Monitor final completion of the work handing over procedure.
- Emphasize on the necessity of safety and ensure the implementation of all HSE requirements.
- Prepare Project Management Plan.
- Oversee and lead the testing and commissioning activities.
- Prepare the Closeout report at the project completion
- Chair and participate in Progress meetings, commercial meetings, Quality meetings, HSE meetings.
- Ensure of timely submission of the Company's invoices
- Review the performance of the team members and provide the necessary guidance as the project leader
- Leading Weekly Progress Meetings with the Client, Contractor and other team members;
- Maintaining project documents in accordance with Company and Client requirements
- Negotiating Change Orders with the Contractor on behalf of the Client Making recommendations to the Client for Change Order acceptance
- Reviewing and Approving Contractor's monthly invoice submittals including quantity of work completed and associated value.
- Minimum experience of 12 years in the field of Construction supervision of construction projects, and the required 12 years shall include 3 years in construction supervision of Bridges/Tunnels; last 3 years shall be within KSA
- Experience on the review and evaluation of structural designs of Highway structures and reinforced concrete structures
- NA. civil engineering from recognized university
- Degree or certificate in the field of project management is preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.