Requisition ID: |
The Mechanical Field Engineer reports to the Lead Mechanical Field Engineer. His responsibility is including but not limited to the following:
- Review preparation of construction drawings and schedules.
- Review and approve mechanical work packages that will be prepared and submitted by Subcontractor.
- Review and approve Mechanical Inspection test plans that will be prepared and submitted by Subcontractor.
- Provide technical interpretation of design documents in support for superintendents and provides specific expertise for problem solving activities
- Verify and approve of Quantities equipment that installed by the Subcontractor.
- Prepare technical reports (i.e. Non-conformance reports, Field change document, ...etc.) and coordinate with Construction and Engineering teams to find the resolutions.
- Assist the Subcontractor in preparation of the technical reports that follow Bechtel Procedures.
- Monitoring Subcontractor testing/inspection schedule and the procedures to identify the inspection and test status for construction activities.
- Coordinate with EQMS engineer and Perform field verification on the equipment in the field to make sure that the equipment is preserved and protected per project procedures and vendor manual.
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers subcontract technical activities and interfaces with client personnel.
- Coordinate the completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepares punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turnover to the Startup and Commissioning Team.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- NA. Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of eight (8) years of field construction experience.
- Experience in oil, gas, refinery or petrochemical construction project.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards is required.
- Knowledge of installation of Mechanical Equipment.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook, Client management procedures, and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel's Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standard
Experience managing technical services subcontracts is desirable
- This position is based in Alexandria Egypt and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.