|Job Ref:||EMP372816||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000/year||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:30|
Our growing client has a great opportunity for a Development Test Engineer to join their creative and innovative engineering team.|
Experience in Test and Development
A remarkable business, originally a spin-off from a University, is experiencing an unprecedented growth. With a fully working family of innovative electro-mechanical products using a new technology the business is overwhelmed with interest from blue chip businesses.
Due to demand for its products the business is seeking a bright, enthusiastic, hands-on test engineer to join their team. The successful candidates will have strong academic credentials, an intuitive grasp of fundamental scientific principles, and demonstrable drive and commitment.
1. Qualified to degree level (1st or Upper 2nd class) in Engineering or closely related discipline;
2. An excellent understanding across a broad range of fundamental scientific principles;
3. Extensive experience in development and delivery of detailed test programmes inclusive of design and build of bespoke test equipment and development of test software;
4. Excellent trouble-shooting skills;
5. Demonstrable experience in complex analysis of large data sets inclusive of development of software tools (e.g. MatLab, Python, etc) for manipulation, presentation and interpretation of data;
6. A self-motivated, self-starter able to carry responsibility and understand the need for and demonstrate a sense of urgency;
7. Very good oral and written communication, presentation and team skills;
8. Exceptional problem-solving skills should be a prerequisite;
1. Experience in testing and analysis of complex electromechanical systems with an understanding of both mechanical and electronic failure modes and issues;
2. Experience in the use of Labview or equivalent for test and instrumentation control;
3. Experience and knowledge in the use of a wide range of material and component analysis techniques (microscopy, X-ray, etc).
4. Experience of planning and managing projects.
1. Take responsibility for planning and execution of new product development qualification testing inclusive of:
a. Vibration/shock testing;
b. Accelerated Life Tests;
c. HALT/HASS testing;
d. Temperature/Humidity/Corrosion tests;
2. Support Design for Test (DfT) and Design for Manufacture (DfM) activities in new product development projects;
3. Development of production test facilities and software to ensure new products are built & tested to the required quality level to ensure they meet our demanding reliability requirements;
4. Analyse test data, produce test reports and recommend areas for product design and process improvements for improved production yield and in-service reliability;
5. Support investigations into in-service failures: analysis & screening of in-service data, trouble-shooting of returned material, detailed root cause analysis and investigations;
6. Project responsibilities – technical project plans, technical risk assessments, task delegation and monitoring.
1. Participating in a fast moving, high growth, world class business, with the opportunity to make a visible contribution to the success and growth of the business.
2. Competitive salary and benefits.
3. Professional development opportunities across a range of technical, business, and leadership roles.