|Job Ref:||EMP355882||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||Address:||Salary:||£25,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||11/10/2016 21:30|
Matchtech are working with various engineering consultancies and utility companies throughout the UK who are looking to expand their wastewater modelling teams to manage an ever increasing workload on their respective AMP6 frameworks. I am looking at vacancies in various locations from Exeter in the South West to Newcastle on the North East and everywhere in between. I also have vacancies in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.|
Previous experience in wastewater network modelling within the UK water sector using Infoworks CS or ICM
I have various permanent positions for experienced Hydraulic Modellers with a minimum of 1 years' experience of modelling with InfoWorks CS or InfoWorks ICM.
The successful candidate will be at or near Chartered Status with a degree in an Engineering subject (Civil Engineering, Geography, Hydrology, Geomorphology or similar). Our clients are also interested in speaking to junior or assistant level wastewater modellers.
The successful candidate will have an eagerness to become involved in and at the leading edge of hydraulic modelling of sewers and watercourses; primarily in the urban environment.
Most of the project work undertaken by the company uses state-of-the-art computer programs and involves the computer modelling of drainage and river systems and in particular flooding in urban areas. This work relies heavily on complex data and accuracy is of paramount importance. The main focus of the role will be working on Integrated Catchment Models and the person will be responsible for leading a small team specialising in this work. From time to time there will be a need to make site visits and undertake surveys.
The successful candidate will be required to build positive relationships with Clients in both the public and private sectors.
• Hydraulic modelling using the InfoWorks suites of programs (ICM, CS, RS);
• Leading a small team of Modellers working on Integrated Urban Drainage projects;
• Liaising with Clients, Statutory Authorities and Stakeholders;
• Prepare reports etc and undertake checking of work done by others;
• Other duties as required to meet the project workload.
• Minimum 1 years proven experience of using InfoWorks CS or InfoWorks ICM
• Degree in an Engineering subject (Civil Engineering, Geography, Hydrology, Geomorphology or similar)
• Highly proficient computer skills;
• Highly proficient technical skills;
• Good mathematical skills;
• Ability to manage workload;
• Good communication skills;
• Self motivated, able to work under pressure and to work as a team leader.
If you are interested in hearing more about the live vacancies that Matchtech are working on in the UK water sector then please contact Alex Shaw at Matchtech on NA3.