Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||TWMA-INHYa00973912||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||India||City:||Hyderabad||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 22:03|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.|
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Forming part of our Executive Engineering Team for the Western Europe, Middle East & Africa (WMA) region, we are looking for a highly driven Head of India Off Shoring to significantly increase the level of low cost engineering and to grow the corresponding capability. You will be based at our fast growing Engineering Centre India (ECI) Design office in Hyderabad. In this role, you will act as the primary interface point with the onshore WMA management team, and ensure all engineering commitments are delivered in line with the contractual agreements.
Your Key Responsibilities and Challenges would include:
- Shaping, leading and inspiring the engineering team taking accountability to ensure engineering work package requirements are managed and optimum results achieved.
- Providing an onsite presence to constantly review performance, capability, identify and realise opportunities.
- Delivery of overall engineering quality, cost and delivery (QCD) commitments.
- Building and developing strong relationships with our partner organisations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Developing and leading processes and tools improvement initiatives aimed at driving down the overall cost of Engineering.
- A Master's Degree in Engineering with a strong theoretical grounding in an engineering specialism.
- A wealth of experience managing complex engineering projects through to successful delivery in rail, automotive, aerospace or other similar industries.
- Proven track record of building and developing engineering teams with strong leadership and communication skills at all levels.
- Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements.
- Extensive supplier management and development experience.
- A sound understanding of engineering capabilities and capability development.
- Demonstrable ability to encourage and facilitate change and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate and build effective relationships with customers and internally across various departments.
- Comfortable leading multiple site global projects, handling complexity and limiting risk.
- Financial and commercial awareness with good planning ability to anticipate issues and proactively manage others to achieve to targets.
- Results driven approach and an enabler for change to take place.
- Fluency in English essential with other local languages desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Meet with us!
We are looking for great professionals to join us. For more information about our projects, products or if you want to 'meet' with our core project teams, please join our group on LinkedIn - Bombardier Transportation.