To provide the support, advice and information necessary for the operations team to deliver their services in a continually improving safe and environmentally-friendly manner.
You will act as the lead Auditor (holding a Lead Auditor qualification), leading the operations teams in identifying the causes of any weaknesses and put into place actions that will improve performance.
Whilst the primary focus of this position is audit you will still need to provide health and safety support locally.
What will this role involve?
- Be seen to add value to the operations team through sound advice and engagement
- Expand their knowledge and competence of other areas of health, safety, environment and assurance in order to become a multi-skilled member of the HSEQ family. Training will be offered as necessary
- Write clear, concise and readily-understood reports, procedures and guidance documents
- Other similar duties, as required
- Apply technical or specialist knowledge to observe, inspect and audit as necessary to identify areas of strength and weakness
- Analyse information and data to identify trends and causes
Solutions / Improvement
- Highlight areas of strength and best practice and facilitate the writing of case studies so that other teams may adopt and benefit from them
- Identify, initiate and facilitate projects to improve performance
- Lead a team to investigate complex incidents, identifying their root causes and actions to prevent recurrence
Training & CPD
- Keep abreast of legislation, developments and best practices within their areas of expertise, highlighting any implications for the business
- Give detailed training on HSEQ topics and procedures to enable the information to be cascaded further (train the trainers)
- Assist with determining the HSEQ competencies needed by the operational team
- Take ownership of some Amey procedures and guidance documents, amending them as necessary to reflect best working practices and legal and other requirements
- Promote and demonstrate a consistently high HSEQ ethic
- Mentor junior members of the HSEQ team
What are we looking for?
- Mid-level qualification and full membership of a professional institution (IOSH, IEMA, CQI or similar)
- A full and current driving licence
- A working knowledge of at least one other technical HSEQ area in addition to their speciality within audit.
- IT knowledge being able to develop out IMS and Sharepoint pages, and intermediate-level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint and Visio.
- Technical knowledge backed by demonstrable experience of implementation, in audit, quality and assurance.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, able to tailor them to suit the audience
- A good understanding and appreciation of how their role fits into the requirements of the business and the sometimes conflicting priorities of the management team
- The ability to work to timescales to ensure objectives are me
- Takes ownership and personal responsibility for the resolution of HSEQ issues
- The ability to adapt ideas and approaches to suit changing priorities or solutions
- The ability to lead a team and influence decisions
- A working knowledge of Airsweb and the ability to update entries
- Able to conduct incident and accident investigations using the TopSet methodology and provide advice on preventive actions to address root cause
- Able to undertake audits to current versions of ISO 9001, ISO14001, lead auditor and OHSAS18001