Global Program Manager - HR Compliance and Data Privacy |
Are you a self-motivated professional looking to join one of the hottest innovative technology companies in the world? Do you enjoy building and managing compliance programs in fast paced and rapidly growing environments?
Protecting the privacy and security of our employees' data is a priority for HDS. The Global Program Manager - HR Compliance and Data Privacy is an important part of a cross functional team including Human Resource, Legal, Information Security and Compliance teams, who play a critical role in meeting HDS's privacy obligations.
The position will be a member of the HR Shared Services organization, HR Compliance team and will focus on the HR data privacy function, HDS employee data stewardship, partnering with cross functional project teams to ensure appropriate HR compliance, including internal and external policy, process and procedure development to support the protection of HDS employee data, and HR compliance requirements as it relates to our commercial contracts.
Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with global privacy and compliance standards, such as EU Data Protection Directive, proposed EU Regulations and APEC Privacy Framework
- HR compliance experience with regard to commercial agreements a plus
- Familiar with Cloud Computing environments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Organized, responsive, and able to gain support and consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Work directly with InfoSec, Legal and senior management to recommend and establish HR data privacy practices to the ensure HDS's strategic goals and objectives are being met
- Develop and maintain internal HR practices, procedures and training support for HDS's privacy initiatives
- Work with cross functional project teams as a key stakeholder on various programs to support HDS's privacy by design approach with respect to protection and governance of HDS employee data
- Partner with program managers for each program to define, track and manage privacy tasks on these programs to ensure the compliance to privacy requirements for HDS employee data
- Review and approve HDS employee data elements being requested by each program for appropriateness and privacy requirements, under the premise of providing only the information which is "need to know"
- Partner with Legal to maintain data processing and data transfer contracts that are necessary to transfer personal data among various entities in different countries and to third parties
- Support the Legal team with privacy assessments, as well as of the coordination with German Works Council approval to transfer HDS employee data, including the communication of employee notifications, as required
- Collaborate regularly with Legal, InfoSec and HDS leadership to address emerging privacy requirements as it relates to HDS employee data and our commercial HR responsibilities
- Provide input to Legal on the Data Privacy terms for Commercial contracts, MOU's or Master Services Agreements
- Validate client contractual HR compliance requirements (such as background checks) of HDS employees and contingent staff to ensure HDS is compliant with all agreed upon requirements
- Provide attestation to key clients verifying contractual HR compliance requirements have been met
- Oversee the administration of HDS's U.S. Affirmative Action Plan and Canadian Federal Contractor Program.
- Employee Relations Manager, HR Shared Services
- Legal team
- CISO, IT & Security teams
- Various Business Project Leads
- HR Shared Services and HRIS teams
- There are no direct reports or budget responsibilities for this position
- Travel can range from 10-25%, with potential for international travel (passport will be required)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
Education and Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree, or 5 years of experience in HRIS, HR compliance and/or HR data privacy
- Project or program management experience
- CIPP or other certifications a plus