|Job Ref:||DE00679COL||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Suffolk||Address:||Post Code:||IP15||Post Date:||23/10/2016 00:06|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role:
Interserve Healthcare is a leading care provider who puts care at the heart of everything we do. We support a range of clients varying in age and care requirements which can include mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and clients with more complex clinical needs.
As a Care Assistant in this role duties will vary dependent on each clients individual care plan. These may include personal care, assistance with moving and handling, support with community outings and medication administration.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Support Worker to assist a young woman with physical disabilities in her own home, and out in the local community. The client is keen to maintain her daily social activities and to explore new opportunities of personal interest.
Pay rates range from £8.66 - £10.19 per hour
The type of activities to support our client will include:
• To assist the client to access the local community
• To drive the clients own mobility car
• To support our client with safe maintenance and feeding of PEG
• To support our client with all aspects of care
• To assist our client with medication
• To support our client with safe manual handling techniques, and the use of Ceiling Track Hoist
• Assist with personal care
• Assist with meal preparation
All training can be provided.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience - Essential
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs - Desirable
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening - Essential
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude - Essential
• Can commit to regular hours - Desirable
The following areas of skills and experience are desirable. Training is provided to enhance your professional development as well as enable work in a variety of care packages:
• Tracheostomy Care
• Gastrostomy Care
• Ventilation Care
• Medication Management
• Catheter Care
• Moving and Handling
• Spinal Injury
About the Company:
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).