|Job Ref:||DE00567CRO||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Post Date:||12/10/2016 00:11|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role:
Our client is a delightful non verbal 17 year old with cerebral palsy - he has a urinary catheter and is fed via a gastrostomy. Our client suffers from dystonic episodes which can require medication. He communicates using eye gaze and a picture communication book .
Our client is always laughing and joking he enjoys jigsaw puzzles , memory games , painting , playing on his eye pad , bowling, days out . He is bright with a good understanding of his environment and enjoys spending time outside feeding his chickens. Car drivers preferable due to location.
Shifts currently available weekends and long days.
Rate of pay: £9.50 - £14.25 per hour.
Following skills & experience required:
• Minimum 6 months previous care experience
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (advantageous)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Gastrostomy care
• Medication management
• Catheter care
• Manual handling
• Personal care
About the Company:
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).