|Job Ref:||DE00708PET||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Post Date:||12/10/2016 00:11|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role
Interserve Healthcare is a leading care provider who puts care at the heart of everything we do.
Our client has an acquired brain injury and requires support to access the community. The main duty as a Support Worker within this package of care will be to support our client with swimming. Our client is fairly independent but due to occasional absence seizures requires constant supervision. On occasion our client may like to try other gym activities or access other activities such as the cinema.
Shift times vary but generally client will be needing support from 10:00am - 16:00pm weekdays.
Client is also considering the possibility of someone to support him to cook and clean in the evenings, this will not be to do these chores for him but to assist to do these things and encourage his independence. These shifts will likely be 2 - 3 hours in the evening.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (advantageous)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Full clean driving license and access to own vehicle essential
• ABI (Training available)
• Seizure Management (Training available)
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).