Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
- To convert enquiries into innovative, efficient solutions which best combine the commercial and technical aspects in order to achieve profitable revenue.
- To contribute to the growth and profitability of the RMDK Group by fulfilling their role within the business.
- To convert complex enquiries from customers and the Sales Team into drawings and quotations for the supply of RMDK equipment on a hire and sale basis.
- To work under the control, instruction and guidance of the Senior Engineer Manager/Chief Engineer and other senior staff and in conjunction with the Sales Team.
- To support orders received from customers through production of final drawings, cost estimates, progress paperwork, and agreement of variations, all through the Sales Team and as required for each project.
- To carry out work in accordance with RMDK BS/EN/ISO Procedures and RMDK Quality Assurance Procedures.
- To have a proactive responsibility for RMDK Health and Safety issues.
- To be a supportive and collaborative member of the Engineering Team
- To provide a service to customers and the Sales Team by resolving technical queries of a reasonably complex nature
- To seek assistance from other Engineering Staff in calculations and applications when required.
- To provide guidance/reviewing/checking of RMDK calculations and applications where required.
- To have an input to new product design by submitting ideas for new products
- To set an example to other members of staff in the level of professionalism and performance expected at RMDK
- To aspire to build a knowledge and skill level for the abilities required of a Senior Engineer Manager.
- Preparation of schemes/calculations/quotations within time constraints reasonably demanded by the Sales Team.
- Design and production of safe structures/equipment in accordance with appropriate standards and RMDK product data.
- Be aware of and adhere to the Company's Health & Safety policies and procedures.
To contribute to the raising technical standards in conjunction with other senior staff
- Have a detailed knowledge of calculating wind loadings to BS6399:2 and be able to apply leads to non standard situations
- Have a detailed working knowledge of BS5975
- Be able to carry out a full beam design to BS449 including stiffeners and combined stresses
- Be able to design and detail complex specials to BS449
- Be able to carryout frame analysis using Materseries in 2D & 3D
- Be able to design non standard access scaffolds including sheeted scaffolds.
- Be able to develop innovative engineering solutions
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working Relationships :
- Be able to discuss complex technical problems, be able to describe complex issues over phone, respond to contentious issues in a professional manner
- Take lead in technical discussion at meetings involving people from several different disciplines
- Be able to state a case and produce a persuasive written argument, be able to prepare technical or incident reports and project proposals, be able to prepare site specific equipment guidance notes and risk assessments.
- Will require regular contact with employees and managers across the Region and wider business to respond to queries, manage casework and complete transactions.
- Works collaboratively with senior team : Regional Sales Manager and in particular the Managing Director, to ensure that the needs of the business are established and met.
- Maintain strong working relationship within UAE to discuss issues, provide information and agree priorities.
Knowledge skills & experience
Skills - Reference is made to Career Development document - Technical Department
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Relevant Industry experience
- Regional experience
- Knowledge of formwork and falsework systems
- ME experience preferred
Project Management :-
- AutoCAD, Locus (RMDK08) Optima, Euroschal, Masterseries design software, Windows, Excel - Have a detailed knowledge of the software and be able to train others
- Microsoft Word - be competent and confident using the software in standard applications
- Products & Applications :-
- Access, Formwork, Falsework, Supportwork, Clear Spanning - Have a detailed knowledge and be able to apply to non-standard applications.
- Be able to train others.
Industry and Company
- Take full responsibility for projects with multiple schemes with very little involvement from the Engineering Manager
- Where the volume of work dictates, manage an interim project team of Engineering Staff in order to satisfy the needs of the project and to report project progress in a consistent format to senior staff.
- Manage the technical interface between RMDK and the customer for the largest projects with multiple work fronts or structures. Agree and achieve target dates across the project
- Relatively frequent direct contact with customers to agree progress to date, discuss future project needs and negotiate future deadlines for submission of technical work.
- Where required to assist the Sales Team in the negotiation of contracts
- Know who to contact within RMDK ME for any particular issue.
- Have a detailed understanding of the construction, building and refurbishment industry
- Have a detailed knowledge of our competitors equipment
- Practical and good at problem solving
- Thorough and accurate with an attention to detail, a completer finisher. Diligent and conscientious
- Time Management : Be able to produce schemes quickly and efficiently
- Proactive, take ownership of problems, resolving them even if not of their making.
- Be self managed working unsupervised but know limitations and ask for guidance when required.
- Be self reliant having good personal organisation.
- Be able to plan own work.
- Be a supportive and collaborative member of the Engineering Team
- Have good communication skills
- Be confident with customers.
- Ambitious and take ownership of own career. Want to improve themselves.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Be able to mentor and train others
- Understand how the company operates. Know company procedures and work to them, know how they fit into the business. Appreciate how their role affects the performance of the company.
- Be good team player, within Engineering Department and between departments
About the company
RMD Kwikform provides formwork, falsework and shoring solutions to the global construction industry.
With operations in over 20 countries, RMD Kwikform has the ability to provide a truly local service, backed up by significant international experience.
With a diverse product range, designed to maximise safety, on site effectiveness and lowest in use cost, matched with our engineering excellence, RMD Kwikform provides it's customers with the most effective solution to get the job done.
RMD Kwikform is a business built on people. They are what ensure that RMD Kwikform surpasses customer's expectations time after time. As we rely heavily on the skills of our people to remain successful and continue growing, our people must grow with us, which is why RMD Kwikform is committed to working towards the principles of the Investors in People Standard (IIP) in all of its companies.
For more information on our business and our products, please visit NA