|Job Ref:||DE00543STR||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Central London||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 00:12|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role:
We are currently looking for Registered Nurses who have been exposed to supporting patients who require Tracheostomy care, Ventilation, Gastronomy, Suctioning and Bowel care.
Our Client is a highly educated gentlemen who, following a road traffic accident whilst abroad with his family had a life changing experience. He is now a quadriplegic and breathing artificially via a tracheostomy and a ventilator. Whilst he can speak, and has a soft puree diet, he has a gastrostomy and is fed overnight. Given the nature of his current situation, his main sources of pleasure come from his family and his faith.
His home life is extremely important to him and we are looking for a team of Registered Nurses who have been exposed to supporting patients with similar characteristics to enable him and his family to move forward and experience the best possible quality of life in the prevailing circumstances. The client's family are very supportive and are keen to welcome Healthcare Assistants who have the empathy to contribute to the well being of our client.
Our client's location is very accessible for applicants living in and around the London Finchley Central area on a short walk from Finchley Central tube station.
Duties may include:
• Positioning and personal care
• Tracheostomy inner tube checks and changes, approximately 4 hourly Oxygen saturation monitoring and management
• Monthly tracheostomy tube changes
• Oral and tracheostomy suctioning
• Management of a Nippy 3 ventilator (humidified), changed to HME filter system when going out
• Administration of medication via PEG and Nebuliser
• Management of feed regime via Gastrostomy
• Management of vacant episodes and Autonomic Dysreflexia
• Full bowel care
• Management of a supra-pubic catheter
• Equipment checks
Are you a Nurse with the following:
• Valid NMC PIN
• Previous experience of supporting clients within the community with complex health needs
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Access to your own vehicle with business insurance
About the Company:
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).