|Job Ref:||080816||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, Benefits||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:32|
Role overview Are you an experienced facilites manager from a technical (M&E) background, with three years experience managing data centres and critical facilities? If so, then I have an exciting new challenge for you, working for one of the largest independent engineering companies in the UK!|
I am currentlylooking to appoint a Critical Facilities Manager to be based from my client's office in Leeds. Within this role you will support the planning and directly manage, implement, monitor and report for delivery of contracted services to operate and maintain the data centres and associated infrastructure services.
Details Key responsibilities within this position will include:-
- Ensuring that a library of as-built documents, standard operation procedures (SOP's) and emergency operations procedures (EOP's), O&M's, customer SLA's for the building systems and services are in place, maintained, communicated and used by all technical service team personnel.
- Supporting the framework structure and process to develop the skills required to grow and operate the site from a technical perspective.
- Manage the critical / building services operation to ensure a 24/7 operation, optimising efficiency and maximising resilience in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Managing the delivery of both Reactive and Planned maintenance for the building.
- Ensure all site and mobile technicians are conversant with Operational Standards in particular the standard operating procedures and emergency operating procedures.
- Maintaining the effective management and supervision of specialist 3rd party suppliers.
- Championing innovating and continuous improvement of both the site and operation.
- Ensuring that adequate evidence is produced of maintenance activities carried to ensure compliance with all NG Bailey standards. Managing all aspects of Health and Safety for on-site activities.
- Publishing monthly reports on performance.
- Carrying out HV / LV Authorised person duties.
- Forming part of the disaster recovery team.
- Providing line management to Soft Service staff.
- Managing waste disposal on site.
- Providing on call support out of normal working hours.
Essential criteria Whilst being a strong communicator with a demonstrable ability to work under pressure, to be successful in this role you will have the following experience and qualifications:-
- Engineering degree or HND equivalent.
- Apprentice trained with National Certificate level or equivalent in an electrical biased discipline.
- Experience in managing Critical Environment and technicians.
- Experience in the operation of Static & Rotary UPS Systems, Generators and switching, fire alarm, VESDA and Gas Suppressant systems.
- Good building services knowledge and a good working knowledge of a PPM System.
- Previous High Voltage & Low Voltage Authorised Person appointments desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply strong leadership behaviours.
- IOSH or NEBOSH would be preferred but not essential.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Data Centre Facilities Manager Critical Facilities Electronic Electrical Electric M&E