|Job Ref:||Traffic Engineer||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£ 32,000 - £ 35,000 per year, Full Package||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:32|
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting main contractor who is looking for an experienced Traffic Engineer Who is motivated, great work ethic, focused and flexible around the Greater Manchester area. They are looking for someone who has previous experience, ideally with lots of experience in Civils mainly Drainage and Flooding background. |
They are based in Eccles, within the Salford district of Greater Manchester employing approximately 330 staff in a wide range of integrated professional support services solutions. Capabilities include a full range of property surveying and management disciplines, full design and cost control services, extensive highways and civil engineering design capability plus town planning, development management and planning policy and consultancy services.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead in the delivery of Traffic Engineering projects ensuring quality and timely delivery are at the forefront - traffic assessments, traffic improvement schemes including resident parking, traffic management and traffic calming (inc. Feasibility).
* Advise on and deliver Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO's) - including bus lanes and other restrictions.
* Ensure they are fully conversant with company requirements and in sound project management.
* Manage Traffic schemes from a financial aspect; estimating staff costs / timescales for design work and monitoring/management of project finances.
* Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline or be working toward a degree in relevant discipline.
* Have a working knowledge and experience of current Traffic / Traffic Engineering technical and legal requirements and practices.
* Be competent in the development of traffic engineering schemes including Road Layout design, Road Safety and cycleway design in accordance with MCHW.
* Have an up-to-date working knowledge of the design standards for traffic signs and road markings and for implementing successful cycling schemes.
* Experience of the design of traffic signals.
* Be proficient in AutoCAD, keysigns and keylines.
* Be proficient in a wide range of IT Skills including Microsoft office.
* The ability to demonstrate financial understanding of project delivery.
* Hold a full UK driving licence.
* Annual Bonus
* Share Scheme
* Child Care Vouchers
* Life Insurance
* Competitive Salary
If you're looking to take the next -step in your career as a Traffic Engineer and to join an established organisation with a strong commitment to its employees then this is for you, don't hesitate, apply today Daryl Richardson on NA or email
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Traffic/Design/Engineer/engineering/highways/highway/civil/traffic assessments/projects/road/safety