|Job Ref:||STGmech2412||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 55,000 per year, Full Package||Post Date:||22/10/2016 00:32|
Process / Mechanical Engineer (Senior) with design capability - Kent - Water Contractor - £45,000 - £55,000 + Package Or Freelance Option|
Engineering with the above knowledge is required to challenge, review and execute design alternations and 'better engineering' solutions for a contractor with in the water industry.
Candidates that have either a strong mechanical understanding with in process engineering are desirable. The business is looking for candidates with particular industry knowledge of water treatment or clean water. Duties are as follows:
* To contribute to co-operative working across disciplines in accordance with the company's procedures, and contribute to multi-disciplinary project teams, leading them when required.
* Developed engineering specifications and schedules.
* Carry out quality assessment of the design works to ensure that at the design stage of the project, risk assessment in accordance with the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulation was taken into consideration.
* Coordinate and liaise with site supervisors regarding the installation process.
* Maintain an interest in costing and the tendering of additional works.
* You will be involved in a variety of projects with a view to optimising and reducing the energy consumption at a site.
* Review of existing design of all mechanical and process systems.
* Assisting with the appointment of sub-contractors.
* Prepare estimates for the implementation of mechanical systems.
* Carry out site surveys to identify the Clients needs and requirements making recommendations as necessary.
* Ensure that designs meet user requirements, cost limits and time scales.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Mechanical plant design
qualification HNC or above