Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Supplier Quality for the BP WND project located at the NSF Fabricators facility in Ain Sokhna, Egypt. Responsible for overseeing all quality aspects of the receipt, storage, and issue of all project materials, fabrication, coating and final shipment of finished products to meet the construction schedule for the Greenfield scope of work.
Will report to the Field Procurement Manager located at the Alexandria, Egypt jobsite.
Daily coordination with the project team for coordination of all Greenfield deliveries and for the priority loading of trucks for delivery to the jobsite in accordance with the project execution plan from NSF.
Must be able to work on a remote fabrication facility
A. Supervision Received
B. Supervision Exercised
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Field Procurement Manager; or the Materials Manager, if assigned.
- Receives functional direction from the global business unit Supplier Quality.
- Provides operational direction to personnel assigned to supplier quality activities at the project's temporary operating or jobsite locations.
- Maintains relationships and acts as the single point of contact with supplier organizations including quality management, engineering, procurement and manufacturing through direct personal contact, to ensure that procurement document requirements are recognized and implemented in work scope.
- Corresponds directly with the Customer and third party personnel representing the Customer during shop visits or jobsite meetings; provides input relevant to the supplier quality function and supplier performance.
- Maintains relationships with third party quality surveillance contractor personnel representing Bechtel to monitor their performance and compliance with quality surveillance assignment instructions.
Essential Job Duties
- Possesses ANSI/ASME Level II certification and is capable of meeting all the requirements of a Level I certification. As a Level II, is capable of:
- Planning inspections and tests
- Setting up tests, including preparation and setup of related equipment
- Supervising or maintaining surveillance over the inspections and tests
- Evaluating the validity and acceptability of inspection and test results
- Possesses technical proficiency and aptitude to facilitate monitoring of manufacturing and testing processes, performance of hands-on inspection and review of technical documents. Demonstrated ability in the application of technical document requirements to capital equipment and materials purchases.
- Prior supervisory experience or training in personnel evaluation and administration, assignment and monitoring of workloads and in supervision and training of technical personnel.
- Previous in-shop quality surveillance or related experience with equipment or materials common to the Bechtel marketplace.
- Certification as an ISO or ANSI auditor as a requisite for lead auditor/auditor activities.
- Knowledge of steel fabrication.
- Knowledge of the fabrication processes at a steel fabricator.
- Knowledge of materials management automated systems, interfaces between systems, and how data is shared and managed.
- Ability to blend materials management with project work packaging strategy.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the full scope of materials management functions on a construction project, including personnel required to execute known workload.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Broad understanding of standard field procurement procedures, including knowing the requirements set forth in the Standard Work Process Procedures.
- Experience with materials control for medium to large construction projects.
- Coordinates and monitors personnel activities, including annual performance reviews, for material control personnel assigned to project temporary operating and jobsite locations as directed by the Project Field Procurement Manager.
- Advanced knowledge of work packaging and materials status reporting.
This position is based in Alexandria Egypt and applicants mustalready possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.