Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_38426||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cosham||Address:||Post Code:||PO6||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
To undertake planned, preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with the running of a large hospital, coupled with the ability to participate in the out of hours on-call rota and to work shift patterns as determined by the role. To undertake the duties of an Authorised Person.
1. Undertake the duties of an Authorised Person (AP) in 3 disciplines, HV, LV and 1 other at the discretion of the Head of Estates in relation to the needs of the business.
2. To support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24hr maintenance Service within the Portsmouth Hospital Trust for the service provider.
3. To work within the quality (ISO 9000) system for the maintenance department, including problem solving and fault finding on electrical & mechanical systems and equipment
4. To take responsibility for the maintenance and repair of hospital equipment, plant, services and systems as required by the Estates Manager.
5. To supervise contractors whilst on site and ensure work has been completed satisfactorily
6. To undertake any training as required
7. To promote a culture of customer service to both internal and external customers and partners and to liaise with other departments regarding maintenance issues if required
8. To undertake any other reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post as may be determined by the Estates Manager
9. Responsible to maintain and repair hospital equipment, plant, services and systems as required by the Estates Manager.
10. After suitable training and guidance diagnose faults, repair and maintain complex equipment in accordance with Health Technical Memorandum (HTMâ₠™s) and other specialised hospital equipment.
11. Carry out electrical installations for new work or alterations in compliance with IEE Regulations, BS 7671 & HTM.
12. To work safely on ELV / LV and generated electrical systems in accordance with HTM and all electrical statutory regulations ie. The Electricity at Work Act 1989, and Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
13. Undertake inspection and testing of electrical installations.
14. Undertake portable appliance testing and inspection.
15. Carry out the work of other trades where there is an interface to the work in hand with a level of competence that's outside core trade.
16. Work in areas occupied by patients, public and staff, having regard for the Health and Safety of occupants within that area.
17. Work with fine tools and sensitive / calibrated equipment in difficult areas and circumstances within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
18. Work safely on steam and hot water systems, outside core trade, after suitable training
19. After suitable training, work safely with heavy equipment and work at heights.
20. Interpreting and working from all instructions, drawings and specifications appropriate to trade without supervision.
21. Specify stores and equipment required for the task in hand.
22. Undertake training relevant to the job as required by management and outside core trade
23. Communicate and negotiate tactfully with all levels staff from all departments within the Trust, having empathy in dealing with patients when working throughout the hospital.
24. To carry a radio or pager to facilitate immediate response.
25. Plan own schedule of work within the scope of the planned maintenance system.
26. To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH regulations and Electrical IEE regulations.
27. Professional supervision of apprentice / trainee / support worker.
28. Carry out duties independently without routine supervision.
29. Work out of hours as a lone worker without supervision to identify and make safe defects. (Working within lone worker polices of the Trust and Health and Safety at Work Act.)
30. Work in highly unpleasant working conditions, unblocking drains and sewers, which include biological hazards of body fluids and noxious fumes.
31. Work in hot, humid and exposed or confined conditions.
32. Requirement to frequently exert intense physical effort.
33. Requirement for concentration where work pattern is unpredictable and frequently interrupted.
34. Occasional requirement to impart adverse information to all levels of staff.
• Responsible for sourcing, ordering and purchasing any specialised materials and equipment required for the task within the estates department, including fine tools, computer systems including software in area of work responsibility
• Responsible for own professional development and supervision of apprentice/trainee/ support worker.
Additional Role Information
C & G 236 Parts A & B (OR)
C & G 2360 Parts 1 & 2 (OR)
NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Maintenance (OR)
B Tech Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeship
C & G 2394 – Initial and Fundamental Inspection and Testing (formally 2391)
C & G 2395 – Periodic Inspecting and Testing (formally 2391)
17 th Edition IEE Regulations
Relevant trade experience
Experience of building maintenance and systems
Experience in working in a hospital environment
Experience of working on specialist hospital equipment
Experience of lone working
Experience and knowledge of other trades
Knowledge of hospital specific (HTMs)
Knowledge of working safely on LV electrical systems
Good communication & interpersonal skills.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to plan own work load within defined limits
A flexible and adaptable approach to working
Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Ability to deal with many priorities at one time and act to ensure delivery
Must be prepared to travel if required
Able to work as part of an out of hours on-call team
Able to work shift patterns as determined by the role
Able to work in highly unpleasant working conditions which include extreme changes in temperature, lone working, work at heights, confined spaces and where you may come into contact with body fluids, biological hazards and noxious fumes