|Job Ref:||83902BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Ontario||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).|
Raytheon provides Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Raytheon seeks an experienced Human Resources Manager to drive change in support of the NWS contract; the position is located in the program's Ottawa office.
- Partner with the program's leadership in the development of the business strategy and plan, develop people strategies, workforce plans and support their implementation.
- Advise leaders on strategies to grow talent and develop technical capability for the business.
- Lead the design and implementation of structures that improve individual and organizational performance.
- Drive change through the development and implementation of people strategies that enable the organization to thrive.
- Provide coaching and consultation to program leaders.
- Manage highly complex employee relations issues that may have significant business impact, develop and execute plans to minimize risk.
- Ensure successful resolution of Labor Relations issues.
- Ensure compensation structures and incentive programs reward performance and drive appropriate behaviors
- Lead a small team of HR professionals to administer various human resources plans, policies and procedures for all program personnel.
- Maintains compliance with federal and provincial regulations concerning employment.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- At least 8 years of experience partnering with leaders in the following areas: workforce planning, human resources strategic planning, talent management, succession planning, compensation administration, total rewards and recognition
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or related field.
- Demonstrated success in using business insights to drive change in people and organizational management practices.
- Experienced coach and consultant with proven experience as a trusted advisor to leadership.
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills, with proven influencing skills at all levels of the organization; exceptional collaboration skills.
- Highly responsive with an ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast paced, complex business environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Federal Labour Code employment legislation to include investigations and handling of employee relations issues.
- Problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience working with geographically dispersed work locations.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
Canada - Ottawa, Ontario