|Job Ref:||10987BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stepps||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:02|
ESD is a joint venture between MWH, Black & Veatch, and Galliford Try formed to deliver Scottish Water's Non Infrastructure Programme from 2015-2021. |
ESD will oversee the delivery of design and build projects throughout Scotland and the highlands for the client's water and wastewater treatment programme.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to direct and subcontracted work force
• Maintain good client relationships at all levels; target
• Maintain the Parent Company's and ESDs reputation on a project by ensuring good relationships are maintained with joint venture partners and suppliers
• Ensuring that the BMS is implemented at all stages throughout the project delivery process, i.e from tender handover to final completion
• Reviewing at the project level, the effectiveness of the BMS as a means of achieving quality, safety and environmental objectives
• Ensuring, in conjunction with the Design Manager, that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project to ensure successful delivery
• Ensuring that sufficient trained personnel are available for the project and that they are aware of their individual responsibilities
• Ensuring that appropriately detailed construction plans and method statements are prepared, in place and approved prior to commencement of activities
• Ensuring works procedures are produced to assist with control quality where applicable
• Ensuring that all site non-conformities are reported and approximate costs identified
• Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast and estimates
• Understanding and implementing the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
• Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers' perception and satisfaction
• Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering water and waste water design and build projects
• Have detailed working knowledge and experience of project management practices from scheme conception through to end user acceptance
• Ensure your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry changes and innovations
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
• Undertake such other duties, training which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and MWH Treatment as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships
• Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
• Customer Focus
• Performance Measurement
• Relationship development
• Organisational Effectiveness
• Problem Solving
• Decision Making
• Managing self and others
• Commercially Astute
• Previous Project Management experience
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
• Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
• Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
• Extensive experience in medium to large scale project delivery
• Strategic, operational, technical and management skills
• APMP or equivalent
• Experience in multidisciplinary, process plant
• Workload will tend to be on WTWs & STWs
• Experience in using Primavera or Power project.
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline
• Knowledge and experience of Off-Site construction techniques
• Interest & desire to be innovative
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)