|Job Ref:||37485||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
Area of Expertise: - The role of Product Support Engineer is one that offers an engineer the potential to experience not only the actual in-service environment of Actuation products but also at an aircraft level. This will enable the engineer to consider all aspects of engineering in the resolution of in-service issues.|
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent's responsibilities will generally focus on the following:
• Provide in-service technical support to prime contractors, airline operators and aftermarket operations for the allocated projects.
• Responsible for providing supporting data during the New Product Introduction (NPI) phase.
• In particular for this role the development of system level trouble shooting and problem resolution liaising with the Airframe customer and Airlines.
• Development of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) for allocated project
• The role will also include taking responsibility for leadership of a project as a potential to develop as an ISM Technical Lead
Level of Responsibility:
• Provide Technical advisory service to prime contractors, airline operators and aftermarket operations.
• Record and monitor in-service reliability and maintainability data.
• Control the fault investigations of in-service equipment and identify failure trends.
• Develop systems trouble shooting for assigned projects
• Participate in the planning and implementation of modifications to in-service equipment.
• Participate in the design and specification reviews to determine impact on in-service support.
• To develop training programmes for customers and company personnel.
• Conducting Integrated Logistic Support/Logistic Support Analysis (ILS/LSA) activities to MIL-STD-1388 1A/2B
Typical Educational Requirements:
• A degree in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience with Actuation Products would be an advantage
All Employees Shall:
• Comply to Export Control Rules
• Ensure full transparency in behaviour
• Have the ability to organise and control the workload within a small team.
• Possess a good standard of computer literacy using industry wide software packages.
• Have good statistical and analytical skills.
• Have an understanding of the general engineering process.
• Possess an ability to think on a "global" level with regard to the impact of product changes.
• Having knowledge of ILS/LSA would be advantageous
• Leadership characteristics would be an advantage to develop the technical lead capabilities.
• Have the ability to be able to represent the company in technical reviews with customers and operators