Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||38387||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
• Conduct strength, stability, residual strength, fatigue, and fracture analyses of detail designs of landing gear, systems and flight control structural components using both computer modeling, analysis methods and classical calculation methods working within an integrated product development team reporting to the Stress Lead
Executes stress activities including:
• Liaise with customer/Suppliers for stress related issues
• Foster strong customer relationships through accountability, transparency and credibility
• Preparation and review of detailed stress reports
• Generate static and fatigue internal loads for design studies
• Review of drawings/models from/with other company disciplines and provide structures input and analysis.
• Define structural test requirements for laboratory and full-scale testing.
• Review of test results and correlate with analytical models.
• Knowledge of analysis of structural repairs for landing gear and flight control structural components Review overall design and provide structures input at JDP, PDR & CDR
• Support research in such fields as failure analysis, finite elements, and methods of stress analysis, thermal effects, fatigue, and fracture mechanics.
• Perform work assignments with minimum supervision
• Occasional travel between customer/suppliers and UTAS locations.
• Perform other duties as required
• Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR & CGD
• Support development of landing gear cultural initiatives through the use of UTAS four Gear Philosophies.
• Ensures compliance to UTC engineering methodologies by providing direction/guidance to the junior members of the stress team.
• 10+ years of aircraft stress analysis experience. Consideration will also be given to candidates who have strong qualifications, but may have less than 10 years of experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in mechanical/aerospace engineering or related discipline.
• Experience with Structural analysis tools such as PATRAN, NASTRAN and ABAQUS or similar is required.
• Clear understanding of external loads, load paths and free body diagrams.
• Solid structural course work with an emphasis on analytical courses.
• Strong interest in analysis of structures.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude (internship, design projects, etc.)
• Good understanding of aerospace materials and manufacturing processes.
• Good communication and facilitating skills in a team environment.
• Good understanding of computing tools and programs including the use of Microsoft Office and Windows
• Working knowledge of CATIA V5
• Aircraft Stress analysis experience - experience in Landing Gear structural analysis highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of FAA and JAA certification requirements
Please answer the following questions to be considered for this position:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in mechanical/aerospace engineering or related discipline?
2. Do you have at least ten years of stress analysis experience?
3. Do you have experience with analysis tools such as PATRAN, NASTRAN and ABAQUS or similar?