The specific role of the Technical Project Manager will be to work in the Professional Services Consulting team and take a lead role in large scale Zimbra Collaboration deployment and migration assignments, monitoring the progress, leading the team, and making sure that the delivery is in line with the plan.
- Lead client discussions to C level on Zimbra Collaboration principles, process, strategy & design
- Prioritize signed off project work based on strategic importance, cost, resource availability and timelines
- Communicate progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to Customers and team members
- Develop strong “subject matter expert” relationships with our customers as well as our Sales and Pre-Sales teams
- Ensure project meets internal and customer expectations with respect to quality, scope, cost and time
- Work with Service Business Managers to identify, qualify, and scope Zimbra Collaboration opportunities
- Be a thought leader in the collaboration space for the India region, with other assignments as necessary
- Identify, develop, and improve Zimbra Collaboration related service offerings for the consulting practice
- Independently lead the successful technical delivery of billable Zimbra Collaboration assignments
- Act as Solutions Architect to design, plan, and oversee implementations of email software platforms
- Leading and managing the client partnership and the entire staff across the program.
- Accountability for designing and/or delivering to customer SLA's, monthly and quarterly business metrics.
- Work closely with the other management staff to ensure extreme service and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the implementation project work plan including pre-planning items including but not limited to: scope definition; overall strategy; resource plans; financial plans; risk plans; quality plans; timelines; communication plans; launch objectives; tasks lists; project phases.
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- 8+ years as a technical Solutions Architect in a consulting environment supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations
- 3+ years' experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed messaging systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Real-world hands-on experience with scalable messaging platforms, datacenter configuration, security, and storage.
- Understanding of computing architectures, including OS, networking, storage, and application interactions.
- Excellent communication and language skills, and strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills
- Preferred technical skills: Linux server, configuration, administrations.
- Open source applications such as web servers, databases.
- TCP/IP networking and internet communication protocols such as SMTP, IMAP, POP3, HTTP, DNS, LDAP, Programming languages such as perl, java and python.
- Self-motivated, energetic, dedicated, driven, tenacious, achiever, well presented, able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, and controlling projects
- A good practical understanding of Application & Web-based application development
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards; capacity/performance management and the fundamentals of ITIL
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations