|Job Ref:||EMP372845||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bolton||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£16/hour||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our client, a leading supplier into the Defence industry, are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Test Operator to work for them on a contract based out of their site near Bolton.|
Experience with electrical/elctronic testing
The Test Operator will be responsible for carrying out test tasks within the operational business, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
• Carry out tests on electronic equipment in accordance with test instructions, using specified test equipment.
• Carry out setting-up procedures for testing, to include the awareness of the need for periodic recalibration of test equipment.
• Keep test records and reporting faults for rectification.
• Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
• Carry out simple fault-finding procedures on electronic equipment.
• Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
• Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
• Ensure manufacturing test times are met.
• Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
• Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
• Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
• Communicate best practice to other team members.
• The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
Skills and Knowledge:
• The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role.
• A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
• Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
• The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role. Related training will be provided within an agreed development plan for the successful candidate.
• Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
• Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21/ONC or good experience in a Manufacturing / Craftsman position.
• Educated to GCSE/’O’ Level standard – Minimum of English and Maths.