Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
Based at our heritage engineering site in Derby, we are currently looking to recruit a Vehicle Prognostic Engineer (m/f):
The Prognostic is one the main technologies used by Bombardier Transportation to reduce the maintenance cost and to improve the reliability of our new build and legacy fleets. This is based on the implementation of the Prognostic Health Monitor (PHM) process that starts from the design of the vehicle and end with the automatic alerting of health status of the on-board subsystems.
The Senior Vehicle Prognostic Engineer is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and performing engineering duties relating to the prognostic on the vehicle's technical domain.
S/he has to specify, analyse, develop, test and validate the vehicle data processing to identify the health of the systems and subsystems, to increase fleet performance and perform associated services to reduce maintenance cost and increase reliability and availability of the fleets.
Design and documentation
- Definition of the prognostic strategy, for the new build and legacy fleet projects, identifying the critical systems and subsystems to monitor by prognosis
- Definition of the on-board architecture, interface with internal and external system engineers to define the TCM S (Train Control Monitoring System) vehicle architecture that enables the collection, elaboration and transmission of prognostic data
- Definition of the prognostic interface control documents
- Definition of requirements (SRD, DSD) for the system engineering/suppliers
- Definition of the PHM documents (Prognostic Detection specification , Prognostic V&V plan, Prognostic Test Specification)
- Analyse the failure mode and the maintenance cost driver to identify the critical systems and subsystem to monitor by prognostic
- Contribute to the implementation of prognostic algorithms to identify the health (degradation and Remaining Useful Life) of the critical systems
- By the use of the internal tools (Orbita Fleet Monitor or equivalent) to implement the on-board and wayside logic and algorithm to detect the status and health indicator
- Support the development of alerts, based on the status and health indicators vehicle/train to wayside networking
Validation and KPIs
- Support the validation of the end to end process (data acquisition, model implementation, algorithm implementation and trigger of the alert, impact on the maintenance service) supporting also the modification of the maintenance regime
- Perform the testing and the validation of the end to end prognostic process
- Define and update the Prognostic KPIs
- Engineering Degree (Software, Electronic Engineering or similar)
- Rail or aerospace industry background
- Strong experience in functional vehicle system engineering and/or experience in vehicle control and communication systems/ TCMS / train to wayside communication
- Ability to effectively manage technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of vehicle and wayside diagnostic architectures and systems
- Knowledge of vehicle control and communication architectures and systems
- Knowledge of networking technologies and communication systems (industrial field bus communication such as MVB, CAN or Ethernet)
- Software programming skills are a plus (C/C /PLC)
- Ability to work in cross-functional, multi-site teams
- Commercial awareness
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.