|Job Ref:||TCEE-DEMA01138478||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Germany||City:||Mannheim||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 22:04|
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.|
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Product Safety Engineer (m/w) is located in Mannheim, Deutschland and is the person responsible for safety tasks in projects. S/he also supports technical interfaces with internal/external key actors (e.g. assessors, system engineering, AM, etc.) and ensures proper work execution in coordination with team-leaders and project engineers.
• Write down the project safety plan. Execute all tasks and activities of the safety process in the project to ensure that the product meet the requirements from laws, standards and customer.
• Create the safety plan and support safety process in the project.
• Analyse / specify the project safety requirements in coordination with the experts' team.
• Execute the tasks of the safety process for the project, including Hazard and risk analysis, Hazard Log management, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
• Support system engineering for preparation of functional analysis/requirements.
• Specify safety requirements for safety related functions.
• Review and verify the functional architecture of safety related functions.
• Follow up the implementation of safety requirements and project progress. Ensure governance change management according with in-place legal and contractual obligations
• Support and cooperate with subsystems suppliers in their safety activities and review the project specific safety documentation from subsystems suppliers.
• Identification of safety qualification tests. Ensure safety qualification tests are duly managed in test and validation programme. Review of test specifications and reports.
• Preparation of the vehicle safety case. Support Authorization management: ensure proper safety documentation in due time and quality to get all the required approvals and certifications to put the product into service.
• Participate and support technical discussions/ presentations with other engineering actors, customer, ISA or NSAs.
• Contribute to the preparation of new processes and tools as well as their implementation in the projects.
• Mechanical or electrical Engineer or equivalent.
• Master degree in Engineering, electronics, electrics, automation or similar.
• Experience / knowledge in railway technologies.
• Experience in the safety area in the railway business, vehicle authorization requirements and APIS process (e.g. homologation requirements in Germany / Europe and the NNTR checklists of homologation requirements) is an advantage.
• Knowledge/Experience with the standards EN50126, EN 50128, EN50129, European legal framework in railway domain (e.g. TSIs), and CSM regulation.
• Safety experience in product safety domain of at least 2 years.
• Good experience with MS Office.
• Systematic, analytical and flexible mind-set.
• Engagement, team working and results oriented skills.
• Good presentation and communication skills in an international and multicultural .
• Good skills for working with customers, suppliers and BT internal teams as well as intercultural skills.
• Fluent in English and German.