|Job Ref:||136635BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:49|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
The post is for a Mechanical Engineer based in AECOM's Sustainable Development Group in Cardiff. The candidate should therefore have a keen interest and be well-informed on environmental and sustainable development issues, particularly sustainable energy resources and technologies.
The role will involve carrying out technical feasibility and financial viability studies of varios technologies (e.g. wind turbine; rainwater harvesting system; retrofit energy efficiency measures; etc), design and specification of mechanical building services systems for construction and retrofit projects and for stand-alone energy installations.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Liaise with internal and external design teams and directly with clients
• Carry out site inspections and reporting during various phases of projects
• Work to all relevant Aecom and external standards
• Contribute to financial control and project management of our projects.
The role will also involve preparation of client proposals, managing production of project data provided by other members of staff, producing client technical reports, including contributions from other members of staff, approving detailed design information and calculations submitted by the Engineers, Consultants and Graduate staff. The successful candidate will manage their time and budget on projects including that of other staff as necessary, liaise with clients and design teams, internal and external to forge and maintain good client relationships and generally manage project progress to ensure effective delivery of project in accordance with client brief
The successful candidate will have experience of:
• The design and specification of building services systems.
• Working within a team and independently and be a good communicator
• Project management, understanding the financial and resourcing elements of project control
• The need for professional development and be self-motivated and willing to learn
• Receiving a brief or a agreeing a brief with clients, including terms of payment
• Attending project meetings, including internal and external project briefings and ensuring responsibilities are correctly understood and communicated
• Supervising and guiding other members of staff where required and quality assuring other's calculations and reports
• Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships, including colleagues, contractors, suppliers and clients
Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum but ideally also a postgraduate degree in a relevant engineering or associated (energy) discipline and which is accredited by CIBSE and/or IMechE. Should have achieved or be working towards Chartered Engineer status
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.