|Job Ref:||CHRFHSA42||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leamington Spa||Address:||Post Code:||CV32||Salary:||£ 32,000 - £ 35,000 per year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Health & Safety Advisor required on a permanent basis to join an industry leading automotive business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background in a fast paced manufacturing environment? Have you got experience of devising, delivering and maintaining the highest operating standards ? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will play a key role in providing support to the business in critical areas of risk. You will maintain the standards that the business has become accustom to whilst also enhancing the management system to ensure growth and sustainability.
You will be part of the Health & Safety team and will promote a best practice culture within the organisation. To accept that continuous improvement is a proactive process which fundamentally links to business performance as part of the management structure and business plan.
Working in a fast pace environment as an experienced safety practitioner this position requires you to ensure the highest operating standards are developed, implemented and enhanced in line with business and company values. The corner stone of this position concentrates on strong leadership through implementation and development of process & procedure. An ample subject knowledge combined with demonstrable leadership qualities and interpersonal skills enables you to inspire others to make shift changes in their thinking and approach.
* Working unsupervised be responsible for the day to day development of the Health & Safety strategy and procedure whilst also providing technical support and advice at all levels within the business
* Provide support to the Departmental Manager in aligning business strategy for Safety & Risk Management
* Promote a culture that ensures continuous improvement through a proactive identification of business risks
* Drive effective strategies, plans and processes that work towards the achievement of the long term Health & Safety objectives working with key stake holders ensuring effective communication of standards and legislation as applicable
* Working closely with senior management, continue our efforts to extend current proactive behaviours towards identifying, managing and minimising risk across our business
* Analyse accident & near miss data - produce trends & Reports
* Track progress of Concern & Corrective Action Reports, ensuring containment actions remain in place
* Maintain established standards and improve overall performance metrics
* Meet and exceed KPI's measures with engagement of key stakeholders a key factor
* Reduction in lost time, maintain the "Zero" days lost mentality
* Improved productivity with demonstrable output of implemented initiatives
* Maintain the Cycle of Continuous Improvement
* Implement and monitor an effective Cultural Behaviour change
* Focus on being the Supplier of Choice
* Climate & Employee survey analysis and feedback
* Commercial Review, review the annual budget and engage stakeholders in cost effective solutions
* Confident and energetic, driven by delivering measurable results
* Pragmatic, hands on approach when required
* Assertive yet open to alternatives
* Resilient, self-disciplined and self-motivated
* Self-reliant, but knows when to refer and ask questions
* Able to embrace and implement change
* Proactive with a passionate attitude to improving standards
* Credible with ability to manage detail and see the bigger picture
* Relationship building/rapport
* A will to succeed
* Extensive experience of managing and implementing systems (Manufacturing background preferable)
* NEBOSH Diploma Level or equivalent
* Professional Body Membership IOSH, IIRSM, CIEH or equivalent
* Someone who seeks perfection in a calm and dependable way
* A proven track record in people management & employee development
* Experience in project management, problem solving.
* Excellent reporting skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Excellent organisational qualities
* Cross functional working experience
* Excellent communicational skills
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading automotive business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.