|Job Ref:||CHRFCSE1230||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leamington Spa||Address:||Post Code:||CV32||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Control Systems Engineer required on a permanent basis to join a prestigious and industry leading automotive business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive manufacturing technology? Do you have experience in Siemens S7 PLC Controls including WinCC Flexible Advanced, WinCC SCADA, Automation and Drives Technology? Have you got a background of working in a fast paced automotive manufacturing environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will be responsible for the maintenance of all equipment and facility Controls/Software & Robotics for all manufacturing areas and manufacturing related equipment. Responsibilities also include achieving high equipment reliability, minimum repair time, continuous improvement and new project development through the combined efforts of maintenance, facilities and external suppliers. You will play a key role to develop and implement a world class controls specification and ensure equipment and facilities meet/operate to R&M, TPM and lean manufacturing principals.
* Continuously improve all areas of operations including cycle time, efficiency, reliability, cost and to all local & national environmental standards
* Plan, coordinate and recommend maintenance and operational improvements within all areas of manufacturing
* Monitor, control and maintain process parameters (where applicable), implement / initiate adjustments and corrections to ensure continues production and quality levels within all areas of manufacturing
* Carry out software design and commissioning of new or improved software systems requested by manufacturing departments
* Ensure that the department can support manufacturing operations at all times in terms of equipment and facility controls, application software, data recording and back up processes
* Support the all areas of the Manufacturing Systems department where required
* Support maintenance on any and all breakdowns which require software, process or controls support. Assist the team to assist on problem resolution, root cause analysis and continuous improvement implementation
* Ensure controls and associated software are operating correctly to keep the company and their employees protected in accordance with current legislation
* Facilitate the removal of non-value added work within the team
* Facilitate in house training and assist in generating a multi skilled and empowered workforce
* Jointly, with departmental members and Manufacturing Engineering, develop, implement and continuously improve controls specifications
* Constantly develop their own skills to benefit the business in the field of Controls & Robotics Engineering
* Maintain an effective level of communication at all times across all areas and levels of the business
* Maintain a level of confidentiality with delicate or sensitive company information
* Ensure the department strives towards world-class performance in areas of housekeeping, waste management, and compliance to safety and environmental legislation.
* Ideally you will be either be a time served tradesman with a strong experience in controls related manufacturing technology or degree educated with strong industry related experience.
* Proven knowledge in the application and maintenance of process, manufacturing, application and facility related control systems and associated software systems
* Able to work as an effective team member and confidently as an individual
* Experience of manufacturing tools and techniques or the willingness to undertake training
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence others. Enthusiastic and determined, highly self-motivated
* Experience in Siemens S7 PLC Controls including WinCC Flexible Advanced, WinCC SCADA, Automation and Drives Technology, Starter & TIAPortal preferred
* Experience in working with server based systems
* Experience in Automotive manufacturing preferred
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading automotive business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.