|Job Ref:||CF0908162||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 40,000 per year, plus package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 16:08|
Section Engineer required on a permanent basis for a tier one main contractor, to work on a high profile and prestigious project in Cambridge.|
If you are a Site Engineer looking for progression, or an already established Section Engineer, and have a background in the setting out of earthworks, drainage or RC structures, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
My client is a well-renowned and successful main contractor, operating nationwide and with the ability to offer career progression and further training opportunities.
The ideal candidate should have experience on civil engineering / infrastructure projects and will ideally possess a degree (HNC minimum) in Civil Engineering, however, candidates whom have taken a different route in to site engineering will also be considered. Experience on earthworks, drainage and RC structure schemes is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Undertake the management of Site Engineers.
* Check drawings and quantities.
* Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
* Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme
* of deadlines.
* Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
* Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
* Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
* Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
* Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
* Arrange testing of materials.
* Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
* Keep a Site Diary.
* Ensure work is delivered in accordance with the specification.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 basic (depending upon level of experience) plus a generous package.
Click to apply or call Chris on NA for further information on the role.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.