|Job Ref:||854779||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle Upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£ 22,000 - £ 26,000 per year, Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 16:08|
An opportunity has arisen to join a well known main building contractor for a Graduate Site Engineer, to be based in Newcastle Upon Tyne. You will be working on a prestigious porject for a mixed build scheme.|
Reporting to the Senior Site Engineer & Site Manager, as Graduate Site Engineer you will be an integral part of an on-site management team tasked with delivering a quality project, on budget, safely and on time.
* Supporting the Senior Site Engineer / Site Manager with daily site operations as required;
* Setting out, levelling and surveying the site;
* Quality Assurance, temporary works checks, temporary works co - ordination
* Checking plans & drawings;
* Calling off reinforcement from schedules;
* Checking that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
* Interpreting the construction design drawings supplied by the structural engineer, architect & MEP engineers
* Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
* Day-to-day management of the site as required, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
* Ensuring quality control and the implementation of the McAleer & Rushe "Think Smart" management of health & safety on site;
* Preparing reports as required for senior site engineer & site manager;
Pro - actively resolving any unexpected technical difficulties in conjunction with the senior site
In return for this you will be offered a competitive salary, ongoing training and development and long term career prospects.
Initially you will be based in the North East but maybe expected to travel once this project is complete.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Site Engineer
qualification *A Degree / HND in engineering or other relevant discipline *A current valid CSCS Card