|Job Ref:||38407||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:05|
Reporting to the Payroll Lead, Oakville, as the Payroll Administrator, you will be responsible for the administration of bi-weekly payroll for approximately 1000 employees in multiple locations. This position will be a backup to the Payroll Specialist and will also provide administration support to the Human Resources department. Your time will be split between the Finance and Human Resources department (approximately a 60:40 split respectively).
The Payroll portion is to ensure the pay run is complete and accurate in terms of employee hours, changes, approvals, overtime, shift premium, voluntary and statutory deductions and taxable benefits in accordance with company policies and procedures and legislative requirements. In addition, support in preparing accruals, postings to SAP and all payroll related account reconciliations fall under this position.
• Perform computation, documentation and processing of payroll wages and deductions for employees
• Ensure deductions are in compliance with federal and provincial laws
• Act as liaison between payroll, HR and IT to ensure understanding and implementation of payroll system requirements and revisions
• Post payroll data and prepare related reports, bi-weekly, monthly and yearly
• Prepare statutory government reporting (ex. WSIB and EHT) and ensure we comply with laws and meet all deadlines
• Support requests from Statistics Canada or corporate office as required
• Assist department on policies and procedural changes and subsequent communications
• Resolve and respond to employee autotime and payroll related questions
• Liaise with HR and Accounts Payable to ensure employee monetary issues are dealt with effectively
• Manage the timekeeping system (Autotime) in a lead role for Oakville and Burlington - Produce standard work, communications and training for employees and supervisors, as well as implement enhancements and testing as needed
• Prepare monthly payroll and accrual journal entries
• Monthly account reconciliations
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Administration of the Company provided Short Term Disability benefits program
• Backup for Sr. Pension & Benefits Specialist in all aspects of pension and benefit administration
• Other HR duties as assigned
• College diploma/Bachelor's degree in relevant area or CPA designation and at least 1 year of relevant experience is required
• Prior experience with ADP Globalview or SAP Payroll preferred
• At least 1 year of relevant payroll and/or accounting experience is required
• Experience administrating payroll for a medium to large facilities
• Certification as a Payroll administrator or equivalent would be considered an asset
• Strong computer skills, specifically Excel and Word is required
• Knowledge of Canadian/Ontario payroll and labour laws is required
• Knowledge of pension and benefit administration
• Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent follow through skills
• Superior customer service skills combined with the ability to communicate effectively
• Strong team player with the ability to help teammates when required
• UTC Aerospace Systems Values including Ethical behavior, Customer Focused Improvement, Accountability & Teamwork and Openness & Trust
• Successful candidate must meet all requirements under ITAR
The following is for internal applicants only. By clicking on, "APPLY" you agree to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a College diploma or Bachelor's degree?
2. Do you have at least 1 year of previous experience administrating payroll?
3. Are your MS Office skills at an intermediate to advanced level?