|Job Ref:||EMP372907||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an experience Bridge Engineer to join their team in Leeds as a Senior Bridge Engineer.|
Significant experience in the highway bridges or railway bridges sector
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to join their established bridges design team. The successful candidate will become a member of a large and expanding team, taking a major role in delivering bridge design services throughout all stages of major project development and in all areas of structures design.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will be working on a variety of project types, sizes and complexities. Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of bridge-related structural scheme designs at feasibility, optioneering and detailed design stages, both for new build and modification to existing structures.
• Providing technical direction and mentoring to graduate engineers and/or technicians.
• Preparation of outline drawings and detailed sketches of engineering solutions.
• Interfacing with other engineering disciplines such as geotechnical, highways and environmental engineers.
• You will be responsible for resolving technical and construction-related issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility.
• Preparation of technical approval documentation, contract documents and fee estimates.
• Organising and carrying out General, Principal & Special Inspections and preparation of inspection reports (including occasional out-of-hours working).
• Regular reporting of programme/budget performance to line management
• A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• CEng or near Chartered.
• Significant experience in the highway bridges or railway bridges sector
• Excellent understanding of structural behaviour and detailed knowledge of current codes and standards, including Eurocodes, DMRB, SHW, and Network Rail standards.
• Extensive experience of design analysis and assessment of structures using Structural analysis software such Midas or LUSAS.
• Experience of liaising and negotiating with client representatives and senior staff.
• Able to produce well-presented and accurate reports.
• Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
• Capability to manage tasks and costs; and deliver programmed work.
• Good IT skills.
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience of ECI or design and build projects
• Experience of rail bridge design
• Experience of construction supervision
• Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
• Health and Safety training in the Bridges Sector
• Proficient with use of AutoCAD