|Job Ref:||EMP367715||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||New Malden||Address:||Post Code:||KT3||Salary:||Up to £1/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our client are a major marine electronics systems manufacturer currently seeking an experienced service engineer to join them in the South West London offices.|
Strong Marine Electronics installation and service experience.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within the UK Service Department. Key responsibilities will be to install, commission and repair the Company’s full range of commercial and naval products (UK and Worldwide), promote the Service Organisation in the UK and provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- To perform service in the UK and when required worldwide
- To support service control and other engineers with technical issues
- To support the UK agent network
- To take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other persons around you
- As required, provide global technical support to customers and/or other engineers
- To be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- To carry out any other reasonable management requests
- To create and communicate process for any duty for which job holder is ensuring involvement from all
- To manage the performance and development of all staff who report in (applicable only where job holder has line management responsibilities
- To be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements
- To carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Minimum HNC Electronics or equivalent
- Experience of practical fault-finding on complex electronic equipment and systems
- PC configuration experience with networking and IT skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to work at height or in confined spaces
- Ability to work outdoors in all weathers
- Ability to work away from home, weekends and overtime, often at short notice
- Ability to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
- A flexible and motivated work ethic
- Ability to take the lead on projects and installations including planning and costing
- Good communication skills
- Personal background which will allow granting of SC clearance for military contracts.
- Experience in a marine electronics environment
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, automation and machinery control systems
- Exposure to a wide variety of industry standards e.g. Modbus, Control Logix, Ethernet
- Installation/Repair/Service of radar systems
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate. Annual Radio Surveys for Class Societies.
- In depth knowledge of operation of marine radars, gyros, autopilot, automation, VDR etc
- Familiarity with BAAN ERP and ADP
- Offshore Survival Certificate (rig work), CONDO training for deployed warship support.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK