|Job Ref:||EMP362923||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greenford||Address:||Post Code:||UB6||Salary:||Up to £1/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our client are a major defence comms & cryptography systems provider. They are currently seeking a Hardware engineer to be involved in Hardware Engineering of high grade cryptographic equipment for deployment in TCP/IP networks. |
Responsible for design and development of digital circuits to support Ethernet / IP communications and data processing.
• Responsible for design and development of high speed digital circuits including microprocessor and FPGA devices.
• Can use standard engineering methods and techniques to solve complex problems; can select appropriate tools or methods for the task in hand.
• Responsible for the production of specifications, reports and proposals.
• Able to assist more senior engineers in larger, more complex design or development tasks.
• May have (limited) exposure to customer or other external bodies.
• Does not require close supervision; can work to written or detailed oral instructions.
• Will seek additional support and review of own work as needed.
• Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
**Knowledge, Skills and Experience:**
• Experience of designing digital (processor, memory, FPGA) for development in harsh environments.
• Familiar with microprocessor and processor technology, FPGA and programmable logic technology, memory technologies and can select and suggest appropriate devices.
• Experience of schematic capture with layout constraints.
• Familiar with how to operate spectrum analysers, logic analysers, high performance oscilloscopes.
• Perform timing analysis on complex design
• Appreciation of internet protocols.
• Use of simulation and prototyping techniques to ensure confidence in released designs.
• Understanding of electronic assembly failure modes and problem solving techniques.
• Able to produce accurate and comprehensive documentation of the design including component selection, Bill of Material management and design trade-offs.
• Support to software, firmware and production teams.
**Please note that due to the nature of this position, candidates must currently hold, or be eligible to attain an SC level Security Clearance prior to start.**
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK