|Job Ref:||EMP372893||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greenford||Address:||Salary:||Up to £1/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our client are seeking an experienced Firmware (FPGA) Design Engineer to join them in their Greenford offices.|
Strong FPGA and deigital design experience ideally on defence products
- Responsible for complex design and development tasks.
- Has a variety of engineering methods and techniques; applies and adapts these as necessary to create solutions.
- Is involved in more than one project at any one time; multi-tasks appropriately to serve needs of all projects.
- Liaises with customers and external bodies as needed.
- Accurately estimates work of self and others; identifies cost effective solutions in terms of both development time and materials; delivers predictably and increases team’s ability to do the same.
- Requires support rather than supervision, and only for more complex tasks.
- Seeks input from peers and manager as required; ensures that work has been reviewed to a suitable level.
- Present proposals clearly and constructively debates input from others.
- Provides a level of technical leadership within the team; shares knowledge willingly.
- Proposes and champions ideas for improvement.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced engineers on an informal basis.
- May have line management responsibilities.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in full life cycle Firmware development.
- Adherence to strict Firmware design processes.
- Ensures that Firmware team members follow the Firmware design processes.
- Generate understandable and unambiguous Firmware requirements based on user and systems level requirements.
- Generate documentation to show requirement traceability.
- Experience in FPGA design ideally using Xilinx and MicroSemi (Actel) FPGAs.
- Generate high quality and robust Firmware designs and architectures to meet the Firmware requirements and Interface specifications.
- Proven experience with Engineering design methodologies. For example, the ‘V’ Model – Requirements, architecture, detailed design, Implementation, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Ability to produce of high quality design, development and implementation documentation for submission to evaluation.
- Knowledge of signal integrity and bit error rate issues within digital systems.
- Ability to design for synchronous and asynchronous systems. For example System Synchronous, Source Synchronous and Asynchronous systems.
- Mixed digital/analogue design experience.
- Experience in the use of design techniques using UML.
- Implement Firmware in accordance with required coding standards.
- Ensure that all code is correctly documented to an appropriate level in the Firmware Design Descriptions.
- Implement self-checking test benches for RTL, post-synthesis and postlayout simulation of developed code.
- Ability to develop bus functional models.
- Able to provide test coverage analysis in Firmware Design
- Integrate Firmware with other system components (Software or Hardware) and resolve any issues either by Firmware modification or by contributing positively to resolution by other disciplines.
- Ability to use test and measurement equipment. For example, Oscilloscopes, logic analysers and Spectrum analysers.
- Ensure that all items produced (documents, design, code) are independently reviewed.
- Engage in the review of items (documents, design, code) produced by others (includes appropriate items produced by other disciplines, i.e. systems, hardware, FPGAs, project management).
- Make efficient use of the Redmine project management/bug-tracking tool by correctly maintaining assigned tasks and issues.
- Raise new Redmine issues as necessary.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to a small team (2-3) Firmware engineers.
- Ensure that Firmware is configured and controlled in accordance with the Firmware Configuration Management Plan.
- Ensure that the Firmware development process is conducted in accordance with the Firmware Development Plan.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve processes used in the Firmware development and propose changes.
- Good knowledge of FPGA EDA tools and tool flow. For example, experience with:
- MentorGraphics ModelSim.
- MentorGraphics Precision Synthesis.
- Xilinx ISE, XST and Vivado.
- Experience in FPGA constraints generation, timing analysis and timing closure.
- Use of JTAG and boundary scan.
- Experience with Systems modelling methodologies such as UML.
- Experience with requirement capture tools such as ReqPro or DOORS.
- Experience with FPGA Equivalence checking tools such as MentorGraphics FormalPro.
- Proficient in Firmware development using VHDL.
- SystemC / C / C++.
- Scripting language experience e.g. PERL, TCL
- Proficient in the use of:
- Firmware Configuration Management tools in general and Subversion in particular.
- Project management/bug-tracking tools in general and Redmine in particular.
- Schematic Capture.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP)
- Experience in Digital Electronics and Digital Logic Design.
- Experience in Software Development.
- Experience in developing military equipment.
- Experience in developing UK High Grade Crypto products.