|Job Ref:||EMP362942||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Greenford||Address:||Post Code:||UB6||Salary:||Up to £1/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our client are a major defence comms & cryptography systems provider. They are currently seeking a Senior Hardware engineer to be involved in Hardware Engineering of high grade cryptographic equipment for deployment in TCP/IP networks.|
Hardware Engineering of high grade cryptographic equipment for deployment in TCP/IP networks.
• Responsible for complex design and development of high speed digital circuits including microprocessors and FPGA devices.
• Can simulate high speed digital circuits and assess signal integrity of designed solutions.
• Likely to be involved in more than one project at any one time.
• Expected to be able to liaise with customers and external bodies as needed.
• Can accurately estimate work of self and others.
• Will identify cost-effective solutions in terms of both development time and materials.
• Expected to seek input from peers and manager as required; will ensure that work has been reviewed to a suitable level.
• Can clearly present proposals and constructively debate input from others.
• May have line management responsibilities.
• Is expected to provide a level of technical leadership; shares knowledge willingly.
• Encourages and proposes ideas for improvement.
• Is expected to coach and mentor more junior engineers on an informal basis only.
• Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual
**Knowledge, Skills and Experience:**
• Competent with schematic capture and understands how to constrain layout using rules/classes/groups.
• Understands best practice in probing techniques and measurement on high speed digital circuits.
• Can optimise complex digital circuits to achieve power reduction.
• Can analyse performance across process, voltage and temperature variations.
• Understands signal integrity problems and can select appropriate terminations.
• Understands power distribution networks and strategies to efficiently and effectively mitigate.
• Can devise HW architecture to meet requirements using appropriate technology to meet cost targets.
• Uses advanced SPICE techniques to ensure circuits are modelled against variable parameters.
• Determines verification test requirements and devises appropriate test plans.
• Understands TCP/IP protocols and Ethernet data communications coding technologies (copper and optical).
• Can optimise PCB stack-up design.
• Understands electronic assembly failure modes and investigatory techniques.
• Designs to ensure high yield and reliable solder joints.
Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent and significant experience in Hardware Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline.
**Please note that due to the nature of this position, candidates must currently hold, or be eligible to attain an SC level Security Clearance prior to start.**
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK