Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP372276||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||Up to £1/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our client are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to work on air traffic control systems delivery at their Southampton offices.|
Strong Project Management and delivery experience in a high technology sector.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for the delivery of the specified outputs to time, cost and quality constraints.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify, engage and involve the key customer stakeholders to ensure success in their terms;
- Manage production of required products and development of services against contracted requirements;
- Lead and motivate the project team;
- Ensuring that the businesses phase review process is thoroughly followed throughout the full project lifecycle;
- Plan and monitor the project;
- Produce and maintain the Project Management Plan & Project Quality Plan;
- Construct, maintain and update the Project Schedule using inputs from appropriate managers and staff working on the project;
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project and ensuring mitigation plans are in place to minimise any adverse impact to project objectives;
- Liaise with programme management if the project is part of a programme;
- Take responsibility for overall progress & use of resources, and initiate corrective action where necessary;
- Be responsible for change control and configuration management;
- Raising milestone invoices and accurately forecasting cash receipts;
- Ensures that Lessons Learned reviews are performed and recorded throughout the project lifecycle;
- Prepare monthly project trading forecasts and financial/progress data for contract reviews;
- Authorise all work and expenditure;
- Establish and agree 3rd party statements of work for the timely supply of goods and services;
- Develop an appropriate Work Breakdown Structure as the framework for cost estimation and the development of a draft schedule, detailed enough to meet the Bid / Delivery requirements. Where possible previous costs on similar projects should be used to determine estimates of costs;
- Ensuring appropriate bid activity is supported for opportunities within the domain;
- Responsibility for successful handover to operations and support;
- Throughout the project, the Project Manager must remain in constant contact with the customer in order to be able to meet the customer’s needs and develop business in terms of both the existing contract follow-on, and the search for new opportunities.
Qualifications / Experience
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of the project management tools and approaches to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Experienced in full project lifecycles from concept to delivery
- Familiarity with a variety of the technical and business strategy concepts, practices and procedures
- A strong academic background is required, ideally degree level, preferably in Engineering or Science subject or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Air Transport domain and familiar with airport operations and regulatory constraints.
- An understanding of surveillance technologies would be beneficial.
- An appreciation of safety regulations would be desirable;
- Some experience of SAP is preferable
- Strong Project / Programme management and leadership skills;
- Project planning/scheduling skills;
- Well versed in contract and commercial issues including compliance, quality, pricing and procurement;
- Proactive approach;
- Diplomatic with well-honed interpersonal skills;
- Results oriented;
- A personable individual with a proven capability of being able to interface effectively with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to manage conflict;
- The successful candidate will build key working relationships with the Team, Customers, Programme and Business Managers, Business Development and Risk and Service Managers as well as promoting the Integrated Programme Team ‘culture’.
- Able to work autonomously within the confines of normal responsibilities.
- Is sufficiently capable to perform most of their work unsupervised.
- Supervises work packages involving single teams and has full responsibility for the team and the product.
- Supervises a work package across one or more phases of the project lifecycle. Uses project management terminology reliably.
- Determines when issues should be escalated to a higher level.